What's new
What's new

Fadal 3016FX, Fanuc OI-MC, M86 A axis Disable,417,466 Alarm

VTM

Aluminum
Bear with me as I explain how we got where were at on this thing.

So we've only had this machine about 6 months maybe. Ran a handful of jobs and the machine is solid. Runs good and is accurate. Has a Calmotion VH-7 Rotary on it. We've messed with that in MDI and it responds to commands, runs smooth and quiet, no problems. So we're at our first rotary job on this machine. When the machine comes to the first rotation in the program it throws an 1130 alarm. 4th Axis Brake on, command halted. According to the manual and per another 4th axis machine we have had since new. M60/M61 should be Brake on Brake off. But no joy.

Now we are In way deeper than that and I'm getting to how we got here. In trying to get this thing to rotate within a running program we are experimenting in MDI. Manual says M85 A axis enable, M86 A axis disable. What harm could that do? M85 generates no response. M86 gives us the Please power down message. I knew this was probably not good. But no turning back now so we cycle the power.

Power up and we have the following alarms:

417 SERVO ALARM: X AXIS DGTL PARAM
417 SERVO ALARM: Z AXIS DGTL PARAM
466 A AXIS MOTOR/AMP COMBINATION

So Ive looked at the 417 alarms and went through the parameters. Only thing that struck me as strange was param 1023 SERVO AXIS NUM. The settings are:

X-2
Y-3
Z-4
A-4

Changing them around just generates various different alarms.

Now looking at the Servo Parameter pages It would appear that the settings for all 4 axes are present and correct. However looking at the Servo Info pages. It is only displaying info for the A and the Y axis. And the info it displays for the Y axis appears to be the actual X axis Info. And the A axis info it displays appears to be the actual Y axis info?? Nothing displays for X or Z.

Seems maybe we need to re-initialize the servos? I have the manual but I've never done it and I need to get out of this rabbit hole not go Into it any deeper. Any suggestions or experience with a similar situation?

It's my understanding that the M86 is used when removing the 4th from the machine so I'm unclear why it would cause all this havoc.

VTM

Aluminum
Not that I'm aware of no 8000's. It's possible the 9,000's could be locked no? How would one know If It was? The codes are blatantly right there in the M code list of the OI Manual?

ok Param 3202 bit 4 is zero. So If there we're any 9000 programs they would be showing.

GENERALDISARRAY

Hot Rolled
Where I was going with that was, it the m-codes were calling a program. You would be able to look at that program and see what was changed.

I guess you already tried M85 again?

Do you have the parameters backed up?

VTM

Aluminum
I do have a parameter backup from the factory. I can't MDI anything at this point. So I can't execute an M85 or I would try it.

GENERALDISARRAY

Hot Rolled
You got that going for ya at least.

do you have the Fanuc ac servo parameter manual? It goes into servo parameter setting in good detail.
The one I have is for the 30i and 0iD. so it might not be exactly right.

VTM

Aluminum
Yep, I have all the manuals. I've never delved Into that side of things much though so I'm a little gun shy. I'm trying to educate myself about it though. Things have changed a little though. Looking through the FSSB amp setting there was a zero in the register for two of the axes and no amp Info displaying. I added an axis number there and now It displays all of the amp info. It seems It's not mapped quite right though. I have to figure out how to point the right axis to the right Amp near as I can tell.

I think Ive gained some ground, but still stuck. In servo Info I can now see Info for all 4 axes. The X,Y, and Z are displaying the correct servo Info. But the A reports the Z Info. And I now have 466 alarm on both A and X. No more 417's. Also I have a 5138 alarm FSSB AXIS SETTING NOT COMPLETE? Does anyone know what the diff between INIT and G_INIT is in the menus?

And I believe the reason I'm getting the 466 alarms is that In the FSSB amp settings the X axis is set at what should be the A axis and the A axis is set at what should be the X axis. I just haven't figured out how to remedy that.

VTM

Aluminum
Solved and making parts!

Sure would like to know how you remove the 4th axis from a Fanuc controller though? Surely someone else out there has to use the M86 command to remove a 4th Axis? Why would It scramble the servo mapping? That's what all the manuals I can find say to do?

barbter

Diamond
How did you fix?

Double check what you have in parameters 6071>6079 inclusive.
I'm wondering if you have a "86" in there?