What's new
What's new

Fadal 88HS running a program

SigurdACVW

Aluminum
Good afternoon. I am trying to get our Fadal VMC 4020 up and running again after the last guy left. It has the 88HS control with a USB drive on it. I have a very simple test program to experiment with tool offsets and such. What I'm struggling with is this; if I exit the program to adjust cutter size or length in the tool table, I am having to call up the program again every single time. CD,8 -> PROG.NC+ from the command prompt. AUTO from the command prompt calls up a blank program. Is this normal on a Fadal? I could use a little guidance. Thanks.

Good afternoon. I am trying to get our Fadal VMC 4020 up and running again after the last guy left. It has the 88HS control with a USB drive on it. I have a very simple test program to experiment with tool offsets and such. What I'm struggling with is this; if I exit the program to adjust cutter size or length in the tool table, I am having to call up the program again every single time. CD,8 -> PROG.NC+ from the command prompt. AUTO from the command prompt calls up a blank program. Is this normal on a Fadal? I could use a little guidance. Thanks.

For the way you are doing it yes. You are running the program DNC off of the USB stick. Depending on the program size, you may be able to transfer the program directly to the control. Sounds like maybe you are using the CalMotion interface? The CD,8 calls the baud rate for the communication box.

I will look into it. Thank you. I haven't opened up the control yet to take a look.
For the way you are doing it yes. You are running the program DNC off of the USB stick. Depending on the program size, you may be able to transfer the program directly to the control. Sounds like maybe you are using the CalMotion interface? The CD,8 calls the baud rate for the communication box.
I'm only using CD,8 (the 9600 baud rate) because that's what the previous guy said to use. I got all of about 15 minutes with him on his last day. The Fadal is completely new to me. My experience is with Prototrak, Haas, and Fanuc.

Try:

CD,8
TA,prog.nc+
Will do, thanks.

Back