What's new
What's new

Fadal drive swapping and repair

rbmgf7

Aluminum
We had a Fadal that had an X-axis drive error. Our maintenance guy retired last month so I took a poke at it.

I saw the X-axis drive wasn't lit inside the cabinet and fortunately we had a parts car I could scavenge from to swap the drives.

Powered right up and is operational.

Question is, are all the axis drives swappable with one another or is it axis specific?

Who is the go-to for drive repair? I've seen a couple mentioned from a post half a decade ago. Wondering if there's anyone newer, better, or the same?

Thanks.

We had a Fadal that had an X-axis drive error. Our maintenance guy retired last month so I took a poke at it.

I saw the X-axis drive wasn't lit inside the cabinet and fortunately we had a parts car I could scavenge from to swap the drives.

Powered right up and is operational.

Question is, are all the axis drives swappable with one another or is it axis specific?

Who is the go-to for drive repair? I've seen a couple mentioned from a post half a decade ago. Wondering if there's anyone newer, better, or the same?

Thanks.

ITS would likely be the place to send the drive too in Chatsworth.

Yes, You can swap amps,cards and motors between any of the three axis to troubleshoot a problem. ITSCNC was one of the original vendors for Fadal and they do repair and new sales for most electronic stuff.

Thanks. Guess I'll go get the other two. Surprised the spare worked. The spare machine has been sitting outside for a year (for some reason my former management decided to sh*t can a perfectly good Fadal and just leave it sit outside. Don't ask as I don't know why).

Back