What's new
What's new

Fadal servo alarm

chad883

Cast Iron
My Fadal is throwing a servo alarm. 1997 with 32MP control. I don't think it is the amp causing the issue though. I have 2 ice cube relays on the 1100 board that keep clicking. I think they are causing the amp to alarm. Can someone tell what these do and what might be the cause of them making and breaking connection.

fadal.jpg

Bobw

Diamond
My Fadal is throwing a servo alarm. 1997 with 32MP control. I don't think it is the amp causing the issue though. I have 2 ice cube relays on the 1100 board that keep clicking. I think they are causing the amp to alarm. Can someone tell what these do and what might be the cause of them making and breaking connection.

View attachment 339380

I don't remember what those 2 ice cubes do, but they should not be clicking. They should
go on and stay on until you power the machine down, or maybe hit the e-stop..

Get out the multimeter.. And start checking voltages, or more to the point, in-consistant
voltages.. I don't remember what makes that board kick, might be 12VDC.

adamm

Cast Iron
When you say "keep clicking", what do you mean? Do they just click with the alarm appearing? Or is the mill just sitting there and those continuously click at a set frequency? Is it erratic?

chad883

Cast Iron
The clicking is the circuit making and breaking. There is no pattern, just random. When I reset the servo drive, it will be fine until the relay clicks again and then it will alarm. The relay will continue clicking on and off with the drive in alarm state.

Bobw

Diamond
The clicking is the circuit making and breaking. There is no pattern, just random. When I reset the servo drive, it will be fine until the relay clicks again and then it will alarm. The relay will continue clicking on and off with the drive in alarm state.

Did you check voltages yet?

Try pulling and re-seating the relays then.. Even swap them. There are 5 or so in
the back cabinet you can swap with.. Incredibly common relay, used to be able to go
down to the Radio Shack and buy them by the handful, if you have a Radio Shack still..