What's new
What's new

Fadal vmc 15 spindle problems, please help

tayda1969

Plastic
I have a Fadal vmc 15, baldor drive, the problem started as the spindle would not spin up it would run a few revs forward, then a few back, back and forth until we estop it. the drive was rebuilt, new encoder and motor installed and the same problem persists, now the spindle just goes forward/reverse rapidly.

When mine did that it was the spindle drive. Who rebuilt yours?

Quick checks-
Voltages coming into machine
PSU voltages
Unseat/reseat all cards

Programmed via Mazatrol

EIC in Cartersville ga rebuilt the drive, I'm thinking I'm going to have to battery check the drive.

Forward and backward low speed without ever spinning up sounds potentially like a spindle orientation failure.

One thing to check may be orientation sensor (above main pulley), or something having to do with the spindle orientation. Could be alignment of that sensor also, if work was done in that area of the machine recently. May well be the air cylinder for stop 'detent' is not turning on to 'lock' before the spindle actually spins up. Check incoming air and the air solenoid that engages the cylinder for the spindle orientation.

Before getting too far into it, you could easily test this theory by issuing an 'M19' after power up (instead of M3/M4) and seeing if the issue can be replicated.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back