What's new
What's new

Fadal w/ Fanuc having Alarms 1050 and 1055 then 2057

SavannaRail

Plastic
I have a 2005 Fadal 4020HT VMC w/ Fanuc 18i-MB5 Controls, that started having 1050/1055 alarms only just before the spindle starts to spin start to rigid tap. I had to restart whole tool (Not just console). After it restarts, it would tap as usual, when started at that point in the program, and would be fine for the rest of the program. Failure happened on about 60% of program runs.

Repairman was called where we noticed that, during automatic initilizing excercises at power-up, the dual idlers would not actuate fully, which was causing the alarms. The dual idler arm assembly was replaced. Issue went away for a few days then back again with a vengenance. This time, right after the tool powers up, I get a 2057 alarm referencing the same 1050 alarm and will not run a program. Alarm says restart required to clear alarm. I restarted many times, always getting this alarm after power-up. CNC will now not run a program due to this alarm.

Both incoming air pressure regulators are set correctly. The first one is at 115psi then between 80-90psi on second one.

Would appreciate some assistance.

Thank you

Back