What's new
What's new

Fanuc 10m dc servo tuning

camaro_dan67

Cast Iron
I am trying to figure out if I need to do servo tuning on my z axis motor. I had to replace the motor because the original got gearbox oil inside it. I installed the replacement and it moves ok but it makes a very low whine or squealing sound. I don't know if this is normal or acceptable but I never heard it coming from any of the motors on the machine before. I'm worried that if its out of tune it could damage part of the system.
The motor model is A06B-0651-B011
Any help is appreciated. Dan.

I can tell you there is a pot on the drive that will cause the motor to "whine"
I found this out when I got my Hitachi....when checking stuff over found where the "witness" paint was
not lined up...so when I moved it to where it was originally the axis started to whine. I had recorded
where it was and put it back.
I have the same servo motors.

Do you know which pot you tuned? I know there are a few of them in the lower left corner of the circuit board on the servo drive.

Is it possible to tune these with an oscilloscope? I have a 100mhz 2 channel unit available.

Google the model number on your servo drive with the word "manual". Buy or download the Fanuc manual that covers your drives. Follow instructions for tuning your servos.

Back