What's new
What's new

Fanuc 16iM - G198 does nothing - 1998 Robodrill

ultraguy

Plastic
I'm using a Robodrill with a Fanuc 16iM controller and a memory card with G198, all my machine parameters are set up correctly as far as I can tell but when I try to run a subprogram off the card the machine just sits there and does nothing, not even showing me any alarms.

I've spent hours trying to figure this out with no luck.

Details:

The CF card works fine loading programs onto the controller and writing programs onto the controller, I can see all the files on the card fine, 138.7 is 1 and 3404.2 is 1.

I have macro B enabled in the options, additional macro variables as well.

The sub program literally just turns the coolant on for 5 seconds then ends. The program name on the card is O1999 with no extension and the call is M198P1999.

Subprogram

% O1999 M8; G4X5.; M9; M99; %

Restarted the machine multiple times, ran other m98 programs fine too.

I ordered a CF card from CNC specialty store that's been tested to work with my controller already and it's giving me the same issues.

Controller series is B0L1 version 0001.

M198 is the call to the data server or your memory card. This depends on your IO setting, should be 4 for the card. I’m not sure if that was an option in 1998 or not. Some smarter people than I should be able to answer that. Work around until you get it squared away is just put the whole program on the CF card. Your main program that has the M198 sub calls is on the NC memory correct?

Check the IO channel is "4" first of all.

But also check
Address P in M98 block of subprogram call function is:
0 = indicating a file number
1 = indicating a program number
#6300.4 = 1

External program number search
0 = disabled
1 = enabled
#6080 = 0

Those are the parameters I was thinking of.

All of these settings are correct for my machine. My main program is on machine memory and it calls the sub program on the CF card. I/O channel is set to 4.

One thing to be aware of, on the card, the program should be labeled "O0001" thru "O7999" as many machines have O8000 thru O9999 locked out for macros.

Back