What's new
What's new

Fanuc 21i-TB parameters locked

GG917

Plastic
Hello everyone!

After my troubles finding how to change my fixed sentences in manual guide, here's another strange finding on my "new-to-me" machine!

in order to move to the tool change position we need to use this code:
G0G53X180
G30W0
I'd like to use G30 or G28 for both moves, using a classic G28/G30U0W0 or a variation of it.

Si I looked into the parameters: both 1240 and 1241 are set to "180" for X (yep a metric machine!). if I do a G30U0 it does not go to X180 in machine position but lower toward 0 (90? can't remember). I haven't tried a G28U0 but it should give me the same result, no?

I wanted to try different values for 1241 parameter but here's the fun (?) thing: I cannot change the parameters! In the PWE screen it goes back straight to 0 whatever I do, in any mode (only MDI does no give me the "wrong mode" message), with or without emergency stop...
I have found that some controller do that and by changing the 3299 parameter PKY to 1 we can access the parameters. No 3299 parameter on my machine! In both the paramter list and below where the PWE is...

Does any one have a clue of what to do?

Thanks in advance

yep I got two, one for using the handle with the door open, one for panel edit. Neither got any influence on the result...

Thanks for your reply. I'll do that. The machine is actually second hand and was installed before I arrived at this new job. The person who had the training on it is now gone (I'm the replacement!) and have to figure out everything on my own. My boss told me they use a "keyboard" in order to modify the parameters.

Got an idea today, what about using G10L50 to modifiy the parameters? then G11 once done and it should change the parameters I need no?

I have found this program:

#101=#5021
#102=#5022
#103=#5023
#104=#5024
G10 L50
N1241 P1 R#101
N1241 P2 R#102
N1241 P3 R#103
N1241 P4 R#104
G11
M30
here: http://fan2fanuc.e-monsite.com/pages/banque-de-codes/g30-auto-set.html

Will it work? It says to position the turret where I want to set my G30, run the program and it should modify the corresponding parameters.

Anyone with experience using that?

It normally works, but your machine seems to have a different setting (parameters locked by the MTB ? )
May try.

This sounds like the builder is forcing PWE off via the ladder. I would go into the keep relays to see if they happened to label the one that will disable holding the PWE parameter to 0.

You may call the local distributor for that machine and they may be able to guide you further.

OK got the solution today. It's a CMZ machine with a fanuc 21i-TB control. In order to unable the parameter to be modified, it is in the custom menu. Pretty well hidden and it is not in the different menu avalaible with the soft keys but using a shift+G on the keyboard....

my tool change position is at X180 in machine coordinate, changed the 1241 x to 1800000 instead of 180 in order to have the G30 t this position. that was wrongly put by the machine installer. Tried to do the same for g28 but the machine went on alarm, so it put the 1240 x parameter back to 180. Running fine now.

Back