What's new
What's new

Fanuc 3T model F send program to and from laptop HELP

Dan from Oakland

Titanium
"Thank you all so much for your help. I have one more question to set up the cnc controll (Fanuc 3T F ) not the paremeters or the set up I think I have all that right from all your help. The controller on the screen, what I do to receive a from PC to CNC is put both FAPT and IO in NC mode, then I press the progam button, then I press shift P input and all the programs in the merory comes up on the screen,then I press shift O input then the # of the program I am try to load. then I send it from the PC and press input ,save, ect i tried them all this is were i am lost and the same on sending it to the PC from the cnc. Not as Intrested in going from CNC to PC as from PC to CNC. "

All of what you have done above is correct but there is one more step.
Before you bring up the "Program" display screen by hitting the grey "Program" key, move the mode switch on the lower left corner to "Edit" and turn on your edit enable key switch. You can't load or send programs ( at least on our machines) unless you are in Edit mode and the edit enable keyswitch is in the on position.

Additionally after entering your program # with "O" and 4 digit number, hit the "Input" key- at that point the "LSK" message should come up flashing on the CRT.

Now go to your PC and send the program to the control. If the program starts sending, the "LSK" will change to "IMP".

spurst

Aluminum
"Thank you all so much for your help. I have one more question to set up the cnc controll (Fanuc 3T F ) not the paremeters or the set up I think I have all that right from all your help. The controller on the screen, what I do to receive a from PC to CNC is put both FAPT and IO in NC mode, then I press the progam button, then I press shift P input and all the programs in the merory comes up on the screen,then I press shift O input then the # of the program I am try to load. then I send it from the PC and press input ,save, ect i tried them all this is were i am lost and the same on sending it to the PC from the cnc. Not as Intrested in going from CNC to PC as from PC to CNC. "

All of what you have done above is correct but there is one more step.
Before you bring up the "Program" display screen by hitting the grey "Program" key, move the mode switch on the lower left corner to "Edit" and turn on your edit enable key switch. You can't load or send programs ( at least on our machines) unless you are in Edit mode and the edit enable keyswitch is in the on position.

Additionally after entering your program # with "O" and 4 digit number, hit the "Input" key- at that point the "LSK" message should come up flashing on the CRT.

Now go to your PC and send the program to the control. If the program starts sending, the "LSK" will change to "IMP".

Thank you so much for your time, when i get back to the shop I will try i was not turning the key to on