What's new
What's new

Fanuc 6m parameters....stay or not??

MwTech Inc

Titanium
VMC had sat unpowered for approx 3 years so the two Duracells were dead.....duh. Someone put a battery holder in to hold two aa's

So replaced batteries.

So, i'm told the 6m used bubble memory for the parameters??

So then i assume the batteries are for the Hitachi Micron control?

I have the original 6m parameters for the machine on the day it was installed.
They are not the same as displayed on the screen.

I took pictures of all 43 screens of parameters.. should I reenter the parameters from the sheet?

I think i did it right and the Micron parameters look to be correct on that side of machine, have the original sheet of those also.

The Fanuc side does not have batteries. If you have batteries they are probably for the Hitachi part.

I've never owned a Hitachi Seiki machine tool, but I have been warned several times to avoid the early ones because there is no support for Hitachi's PLC.

Garwood
yea i;m finding that out...lol

So should i edit the 6m parameters since they are not the same as built??

Also i have as yet to get any led to light on the fanuc motherboard, are any supposed to be lit??

Do you have a 6MB maintenance manual? It should list most of the parameters and what they do. I would try to determine what they are first, before I changed them.

I don't see how you could harm anything if you are resetting the parameters to the factory settings. Definitely keep track of what you change and be as aware as possible of what it is that you are changing.

well i have a wiring dia book
operators manuals
programming books
Maint book but no paras in it, alarm codes it does have,

Well I did put the parameters to factory, and all i got were A axis alarms, which would make sense since the 4th was added later.
Put everything back...back where i was....

The only good thing so far is the oiler sure does work, going to go broke pouring #2 in the tank....LOL

well no paras in any book...
got info an micron system and all it=s numbers
allthe hydraulic service info
ATC stuff 50 pages of it...

I think my issue is A as i still do not have a "position" on the display.( once i fixed the wires z shows a value and now works)

on start up it either jumps and trips alarm 403 i get tgls or everything starts up and the a servo is turning super slow, almost a fast chatter.

How do you Zero a rotary axis??

Back