What's new
What's new

fanuc 6m

johnc556

Plastic
looking for any info on the fanuc 6m controls I have a maintenance manual but not an op manual or the parameters manual the machine works but trying to get the drip feed to work and the compensation parameters for the back lash I was told that previous owners did drip feed with this mill but I have not been able to get it to work it has been fitted with A16b-1200-0270.10f board that is supposed to accommodate the drip feed the mill it self is a dahlih mcv 40 finding any thing on the mill it self has proven to be very hard I can communicate via rs232 but starting to need to run larger programs any help would be greatly appreciated

Ebay is the way to go.
Fanuc still supports the System 6, but there's so much 3rd party support for parts and information, that you can find it just about anywhere.
Tennessee Industrial Electronics is good for Fanuc parts.
Ebay is the way to go.
if you call Fanuc with the control serial number, ask them what manual would be needed. They have them as well.

No help with setting the comp, but the drip feeding is done with software on the PC side.

With a BTR: Send the program from the PC then at the machine control switch to Tape and press cycle start. To restart the program you need to Reset on the control and resend from PC.

The parameters are in the maintenance manual. There is not that many parameters,comparatively. Fanuc now has manuals available to download on the Fanuc customer portal. You will have to register.

There is lots of info on DNCing a 6 on the web.

I have never heard of this board, google says it is a Fanuc A16B-1200-0270/10F Remote Buffer Circuit Board

So I cant help with that.

prerequisites as I know them.

A PC with DNC software
The proper cable
A machine with TAPE mode on selector knob
A BTR or internal configuration from the MTB to allow DNC from the RS232 port. Maybe thats what your card is?

I'm using a dnc controller to send programs so I don't have to have the pc program and through the rs232 it will send just fine but when i switch it over to the tape to drip feed nothing happens

As far as I can tell that's the board I need to convert the tape feed to a drip style feed as it was told to me the Fanuc 6 does not support drip feed

Back