What's new
What's new

Fanuc data recovery

Andrew HSE

Plastic
Good morning,

Has anyone had any luck with recovery of files from a fanuc program on Flash cards? I've got 400 files that I tried to copy on to my computer to back up, and as soon as the flash card is put in the computer it fails. I can still see the file list in windows, but not view any info from within the files. I've tried Disk drill recovery software which recovers the files, but something isn't quite right as the files have spelling mistakes and some missing data I think. Codes like G00 are replaced by C00 etc. I'm wondering whether anyone has something that deals with fanuc files specifically, or any tips?

Also, how does everyone deal with backing up files from their fanuc controls?

The process seems to be the same on all of our Fanuc controls from 2006 to 2021. We have an FTP site setup on a windows server and can punch any/all files from the control to the server and back. Sound like you might have lost the programs on the machine and are trying to open them up from a CF card on a PC. Is that right?

Regarding backup files, I can open any and all files that get punched from the control to the server using any text editor and everything reads just fine. Even PMM and Param data can be opened in a text editor. Sometimes I change the file extensions so something like NP++ or VSC will color stuff all nice.

The process seems to be the same on all of our Fanuc controls from 2006 to 2021. We have an FTP site setup on a windows server and can punch any/all files from the control to the server and back. Sound like you might have lost the programs on the machine and are trying to open them up from a CF card on a PC. Is that right?

Regarding backup files, I can open any and all files that get punched from the control to the server using any text editor and everything reads just fine. Even PMM and Param data can be opened in a text editor. Sometimes I change the file extensions so something like NP++ or VSC will color stuff all nice.

We don't have our machines connected to a network. We write our programs in ISO, and save them direct to machine memory. Once we exceed the limits of the standard memory we copy older seldom used files over to memory card, and typically leave it in the machine. The memory cards are quite stable, but it seems my computer likes to munch data on them when I try to add a program or back up the files. My computer seems to have erased the data on this current memory card, so I'm trying to recover what is left but not having too much luck. The Disk drill program can see the data, but its not quite exporting it correctly. I was hoping someone might know of software that recovers the file correctly.

We do the same, FTP server is much less prone to data errors. If you can't read the files with notepad they have been corrupted. Hopefully you have backup copies on your computer? I would toss that card or at least reformat it, use the backups.

You may have to go thru each file and re-correct the data piece meal. However, check the file name extension too. This can wreak havoc.
For backing up files and parameters, PM me for a booklet I wrote when I worked for a major MTB. It works on any "i" Fanuc control.

Back