What's new
What's new

Fanuc products license in China?

moroeder

Plastic
Looks like my 0i Mate-MD controller has lost its ability to download from remote inputs. Does anyone know if Fanuc products like the 0i Mate-MD were made and licensed in China? There are new ones out there but they are tagged as "Made In China under license from Fanuc". Not that I don't trust the Chinese to make some bootleg products but I wanted some input. Fanuc won't answer my question.

Looks like my 0i Mate-MD controller has lost its ability to download from remote inputs. Does anyone know if Fanuc products like the 0i Mate-MD were made and licensed in China?
Fanuc makes and sells controls and boards in China. They cost much less than what you get to pay in the US. Therefore ...

Not that I don't trust the Chinese to make some bootleg products but I wanted some input. Fanuc won't answer my question.
I'm sure there's phonies as well but there are also real Fanuc parts for way less. And that's why Fanuc won't talk to you.

Chances are good that if you get a Fanuc guy out some day to work on the control and you have "grey market" boards in there, they may get all huffy and refuse to work on it. Mazak does that.

Personally, I think region codes are shit, and so is that "you moved the machine !" crap.

Home of the brave, land of the free.