What's new
What's new

Fanuc Question - Miyano Lathe Fanuc 21 Control

Pete Deal

Titanium
I just bought a Miyano BND-42S5 lathe, my first Fanuc machine. I have temporary power and air to it so I can power it up and jog it around but still working on permanent power and air.

I've been looking over the Miyano manual programming section and I also have a pdf file of a Fanuc manual for the 21 control that's not specific to the machine. The Miyano manual is very minimal in detail, which is not surprising. When I look at the G code list in the Miyano manual it has quite a few less G codes listed than the Fanuc manual for the 21 control. Also, the machine has some programs in it from the previous owner and as I look at those I see for instance a G30 command used but it's not listed in the Miyano programming manual G code list.

I understand that Fanuc controls have different implementations on different machines and that the M code list would vary quite a bit. But what about the basic G code list? How does a person figure out what's available on the machine? In this case the machine is 20 years old so not so practical to go back to the manufacturer.

Back