Leadnuts

Plastic
The machine is:

2000 Robodrill t14iaL
16i-MA controller
3 axis
Have a lot of manuals.

My current issues are as follows:

- When I power on sometimes it hangs on Graphic Ready screen, if I power cycle and restart it again it will boot up.

- When it boots the machine will sit for a short while fine, without touching is it will then Alarm 410 (position err) on a seemingly random axis, if I hit the RESET button to clear the alarm it does clear, however shortly after it throws the same 410 but a different axis. I can continue resetting and clearing this a few times and it chooses random axis to fault each time. After that it will eventually (3-4 reset pushes) go to a 401 (VRDY OFF) for all three axis as well as says it needs to Zero Return (ZRN) all three axis. This creates a Start-Lock forcing me to power down. When I power back up its all clears, then repeats the same cycle.

-If I am manually moving an axis it will not fault the moving axis.

Extra info

- There are no chips or debris in the machine. Its clean. No obstructions.
- Power feeding the Main board is right at 24.08 vdc
- Main board was just replaced Due to a 940 system error.
- CPU board was just replaced. just to see if it changed. It did not.
- I've tried reseating all the boards and cables.
- I removed the Ethernet Data option board.
- I've tried CLEAR ALL MEMORY from IPL screen. Then re-flashing everything.
- I do have a spare Sram board. (haven't tried installing as it looks complicated)
- I do have a spare From board. (haven't tried installing as it looks complicated)
- I have a spare Servo board, but it's for 6 axis, I wasn't entirely sure if I had to change a bunch of
parameters just to test it. So I've held off on that.
- I have multiple data backups I've loaded both to try. On a Fanuc branded mem card.
- I have a couple of I/O spare modules. I swapped them just to see, no change.
- It's cold in my workspace.

Happy Holidays, and thanks for any and all advice.

The machine is:

2000 Robodrill t14iaL
16i-MA controller
3 axis
Have a lot of manuals.

My current issues are as follows:

- When I power on sometimes it hangs on Graphic Ready screen, if I power cycle and restart it again it will boot up.

- When it boots the machine will sit for a short while fine, without touching is it will then Alarm 410 (position err) on a seemingly random axis, if I hit the RESET button to clear the alarm it does clear, however shortly after it throws the same 410 but a different axis. I can continue resetting and clearing this a few times and it chooses random axis to fault each time. After that it will eventually (3-4 reset pushes) go to a 401 (VRDY OFF) for all three axis as well as says it needs to Zero Return (ZRN) all three axis. This creates a Start-Lock forcing me to power down. When I power back up its all clears, then repeats the same cycle.

-If I am manually moving an axis it will not fault the moving axis.

Extra info

- There are no chips or debris in the machine. Its clean. No obstructions.
- Power feeding the Main board is right at 24.08 vdc
- Main board was just replaced Due to a 940 system error.
- CPU board was just replaced. just to see if it changed. It did not.
- I've tried reseating all the boards and cables.
- I removed the Ethernet Data option board.
- I've tried CLEAR ALL MEMORY from IPL screen. Then re-flashing everything.
- I do have a spare Sram board. (haven't tried installing as it looks complicated)
- I do have a spare From board. (haven't tried installing as it looks complicated)
- I have a spare Servo board, but it's for 6 axis, I wasn't entirely sure if I had to change a bunch of
parameters just to test it. So I've held off on that.
- I have multiple data backups I've loaded both to try. On a Fanuc branded mem card.
- I have a couple of I/O spare modules. I swapped them just to see, no change.
- It's cold in my workspace.

Happy Holidays, and thanks for any and all advice.

I have the 1998 version of the exact same machine but 5 axis with an 16iM controller. If you're getting alarms all over the place for different axis it honestly sounds like either a grounding issue or some point in the controller where all the connections meet, it does sound like a fault to me.

Good luck.

Just noticed that when it Alarms out one of the axis, that axis' position on screen DRO takes off super fast counting up, until it flatlines with all 9's.

Thanks, ultraguy.. I guess I'll start looking for grounding issues.

Someone mentioned the hanging on boot could potentially be a Dram issue. Does anybody have experience with Dram dimm module failure?

Back