What's new
What's new

Featurecam 2021 now out, and bad news for Fusion 360 users.

goooose

Hot Rolled
I would think that FeatureCAM maintenance is a drop in the bucket compared to the F360 subscription fees. If half the users are paid you're looking at what, like $1B just in the base subscription

1B from Fusion subs? How are you getting this number?

Rick Finsta

Stainless
1B from Fusion subs? How are you getting this number?

A few years ago they were at 3.3M users. If growth has been sustained and around half of those are paying...

Software as a service is here to stay. It is what it is. Right now it is better than the old model. Maybe someone will come up with a better support model soon.

And BTW, all software sucks. I'm VERY unhappy with the latest F360 update to the tool library. It is absolute garbage. But it is still the best option for me.

SeymourDumore

Diamond
'Splain this one to me Lucy:

Software as a service is here to stay. It is what it is. Right now it is better than the old model.

And then, when your ass is irrevocably on the hook:

I'm VERY unhappy with the latest F360 update to the tool library. It is absolute garbage.

'splain to me why would they NEED to fix it, specially when this is what they hear:

But it is still the best option for me.

'Cos as far as I am concerned, at the end of the day SAAS is only here to stay for as long as the "critical mass" does not decide otherwise.

jeffj

Aluminum
A few years ago they were at 3.3M users. If growth has been sustained and around half of those are paying...

Software as a service is here to stay. It is what it is. Right now it is better than the old model. Maybe someone will come up with a better support model soon.

And BTW, all software sucks. I'm VERY unhappy with the latest F360 update to the tool library. It is absolute garbage. But it is still the best option for me.

Yeah - no - those are crazy assumptions. I'm not certain Fusion is profitable for Autodesk yet, as of a couple years ago, It was not.