What's new
What's new

Feedback on the HAAS PreSetter

BarnFab

Aluminum
Has anyone used or own the HAAS Tool PreSetter (HTS 400 ) ? Looking for any feedback as it seems like an easy way to set and load tools between multiple machines and get more table space without the setter.

Hey there.
The HAAS Tool PreSetter (HTS 400) is a tool measurement device that can save time and increase productivity by allowing you to set tool offsets offline. It can store data for up to 200 tools and be used with multiple machines. For user feedback, you can check online reviews or reach out to HAAS directly.
Sounds like an ads and not a real feedback.
we don't have one, we do have Shrink Fit Heater.
Shrink Fit Heater from Haas I wouldn't recommend, the one from Techniks in the same price range much better.

I can't tell if that's a horrible and deceptive corporate account or some rouge chatgpt bot. My understanding is that every taper is very slightly different from both factory and wear. The tool presetter is a good way to set up starting points for tons of tools that may be going to different machines but can't replace the accuracy of setting the tool in the exact spindle it will be cutting in. This was advise given to me from my first boss who was historically a little slow to catch up with modern trends so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I calibrate my off-line tool setter with the same calibration master that I use to calibrate my machine tool setter. Both off-line and machine TS jives within a few tenths. The only issue, although small, is that the machine is dual contact but the off-line TS is not.

Haas rarely builds their own accessories. They usually buy them and rebrand them under some kind of contract. The videos on the HTS400 make it look exactly like the Koma presetter we have. If that is the case it works well for us. Easy to switch between capto and CAT40. Easy to remaster when needed. We even use it to quickly check surface blends on turned serpentine pulleys.

Yeah I have been told that the HAAS is a rebadge of a Zoller but it may have been a Koma either way it is a rebadge not made by HAAS although it does integrate with HAAS Control easily and out of the box

The Haas unit is a rebranded Koma Prime.

Is the Koma or Zoller cheaper?
Likely the Koma, Zoller stuff being German tends to be on the pricier side.

I can't vouch for how well these work I've never used it or a Koma presetter before. We have a Speroni STP Magis 500 and that thing is slick, it's also 5x the price of the haas once it has all the options with it.

Once you have one you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner. It makes things like setting up a boring head a breeze.

Hey there.
The HAAS Tool PreSetter (HTS 400) is a tool measurement device that can save time and increase productivity by allowing you to set tool offsets offline. It can store data for up to 200 tools and be used with multiple machines. For user feedback, you can check online reviews or reach out to HAAS directly.
What would you do about tool breakage detection without the table sensor?

I was wondering if anyone with these tool setters could provide an Image of the barcode for scanning as well as the output of the OFS file for usb loading? It'd be awesome for those with dedicated holders for their tools.

Back