What's new
What's new

Femco HL25 Lathe - Durga Turret - Error Code - Anyone know about this?

Natchamp

Aluminum
Guys,

I love my Durga but it's giving me fits right now and I can't figure out what's going on. I am getting an intermittent error code when it goes to do a tool change on the turret. The machine may run fine for 5 minutes, 2 hours, or 1 minute and then it gives the error code below. I can go into MDI and program a bunch of tool changes to actuate both turrets in both directions and it never errors. But when I run the program is when it becomes an intermittent error.

Anyone have any clues as to what is causing this and/or how I can fix it?

Femco_1.jpg

Are you using T0000 in your program at all? We have two identical lathes, one is a '97 with a O-TC, the other is a 2010 model with a Oi-TC. Our post inserted a T0000 before going home for toolchanges and it always worked perfectly on the older machine.

Long story short, there is a software bug (fanuc side) on our Oi-TC that maybe 1 time out of every ten it will actually try to change to tool zero when it encounters a T0000. This obviously gets stuck in the ladder and the result is a endlessly spinning turret.

Like your problem I was completely unable to make it fault out in MDI, which eventually led me to figure out it was the T0000 that was causing the problem.

Hi Natchamp
Hi gregormarwick

I've got a FEMCO lathe and a problem with the Turret after a maintence reparation.

Impossible to move it because it says that tool is not in 1 or 21
But it's false because physically they are in the right position.

So my diagnostic is that the servo for the Turret loose is reference and don't now where it is.
So I must reset it ...?
But HOW???

I already contact the previous owner and he said me to change some KEEP RELAY
But nothing happen....!

It's possible to share some information with both of you because I have to be sure that my keep relay value are now good ...

If there is a way to contact you directly it will be very great !!
Thanks !

Thank you very much for your reply and your help.

Back