What's new
What's new

Finally getting my Slant Turn 25 up... Questions...

Parkerbender

Stainless
So, I finally am geting my slant turn put together... I had a bunch of errors right away, an error 20-NMI, switched the switch on the back of the 715 board to turn that off, a hydraoulic press. alarm, which i filled the tank and it went off (but the pump won't turn on... that's one question) the door switches were messed up, fixed that, now I have no alarms. I cannot figure out how to get it to power the servos.

It won't jog, wont... anything. Basically only the power, and off buttons work, and the softkeys below the screen.

is it mad because the hyd. Pump isn't on? How do I turn it on?

Is there something I need to do to enable the machine control?

Thanks for helping out a newb to Mazaks...!

-Parker

Got air?

Doo you know the proceedure to fire the pump and servos?

"Control On" and Machine On" are not one in the same.

You could have a phase direction issue, but I doubt it. ??? Usually that won'r pop up untill you actually farr up the hydro, and THEN you check for propper rotation.

[not familier with Mazaks in general]

-------------------

Thibnk Snow Eh!
Ox

Hi Parker,

I searched your other posts to find it's a T-3 control, I am not familiar with the 715 board.

You stated : "I had a bunch of errors right away,"

What were those other errors? Maybe a battery alarm, and parameters have been lost or corrupted? Being off for a month or more this may be a possibility.

What is the meaning of : "an error 20-NMI, switched the switch on the back of the 715 board to turn that off, "? Memory parity error?

NMI alarms are very serious and turning off the alarm without correcting the cause of that alarm can leave the control in a non functional condition like you have. Things like corrupt memory, failing basic hardware diagnostics at power up, unable to address critical functions, can't complete something in the time allowed, and the like generate these kinds of alarms. They shut the machine down similar to an E-stop, and can't be released in a normal manner.

A reinitalize of the control may need to be done. Everything in memory will be lost in the process parameters included. And comming from a plant closing, crippling of the machine by a disgruntled... can't be ruled out.

With time and patience these issues will be resolved and you have a nice machine when you are done.

Bill

the hydraulics should come up at control on.
ox is right but i believe "power on" is all this mazak needs
i'd get in the electricals and decide which contactor is the hyd. and manualy energize the pump to rule out pump motor or the like.
i too have not been in the "switch the 715 card switch" loop before maybe more on that
i believe "nmi 20" is a simple e-stop alarm which may or may not be anything real

I also think it's a Machine on/ Control on thing. I was wondering if there was just a button that I was failing to hit. I know on all of my other machines I have to put power to the servos, which i what i was getting at. The confusing part is jsut that I have pressed every button on the control when it is waiting like that, and still have no dice.

I'll do more digging today...

-Parker

Did you ever see the machine operational before you bought it?

The Ni-Cd memory battery is what keeps the parameters alive when the main breaker is turned off. If the machine sat for too long, the battery looses juice and parameters are lost. After which the machine has no clue what to do--including turning on the hydraulics.

Re-keying in the parameters is not a big deal--3 pages about 1/2 hour of your time. The mains is usually left on for 24 hours to recharge the Ni-Cd. Power down, then power up (just like rebooting a windows computer after changes) to get the machine to read the parameters and act like it should.

Flipping off the switch on the 715 board is not standard operating procedure. :eek:

Electrical phasing is important on the machine. The spindle drive will light a green LED when phasing is correct.

Re-read hitandmiss's post. Good info, but I do not suspect sabotage. Missing parameters far more likely.

There is not a separate 'hydraulics on' button. If the hydraulics do not come on a few seconds after powering up the control, there is still something that needs attention.

Do not despair, your new toy is going to work fine. :)

Got Hydro! Now to figure out how to put these silly parameters in... and which of the half-dozen there are in this book, are right...

Edit: I'm still getting a 20 NMI code, what in the world does that switch do? It does turn the code off... Patching the air hose right now, and see if it goes then... The parameters were still in it, though three of them were different than the ones in the book. I switched them back to the book numbers, not sure if that was the right idea.

-Parker

I'm still getting a 20 NMI code

that could be any external device, like a chip conveyor or missing barfeeder or other kind of loader.
i'd probly not change many more parameters till i was a little deeper and i would right down any that i did, incase they need to go back

that could be any external device, like a chip conveyor or missing barfeeder or other kind of loader.
i'd probly not change many more parameters till i was a little deeper and i would right down any that i did, incase they need to go back

Especially the P parameters......most of those are "user" parameters and may not match the factory sheet. (Things like clearance distances for cycles, tool nose radius comp type, tool offset type, whether radius or diameter offset for tool comp, etc)

Parker,

Flipping switches on the circuit boards and cycling power is not something to be done without knowing what the switches are for. What is the meaning of the switch you did flip? "what in the world does that switch do?" means you are treading dangerous terratory!

When the CNC powers up without any system alarms ( 20 NMI code is one ) then it will start the hydraulics. If the hyd doesn't start or have pressure, you will have an alarm.
Any system alarms leave the control in a state as you describe, or what I term maint. mode. You should be able to examine the tool library, program Lib. offsets, parameters etc. Anything you change should be written down for future ref. I use a pencil if noting changes on the parameter sheet because if you are dealing with corrupt memory, some may be wrong. Incorrect parameters is the most likely, I have seen tampering on plant closings, and at auctions.

A barfeeder not connected will leave an E-stop that you can't clear, until a jumper is installed to close the E-stop loop. See the notes on the barfeed pages of the electricals.

It has been several years since I have worked on a T-3 so I don't remember the LED layout on the CNC circuit boards. There may be one lit that should not be on.

The operators manual, the alarm manual , the electrical manual or the Ladder diagram manual should have some info on the 20 NMI alarm. It may say "contact Mazak service"

I would take this time to verify all the parameters with the paper copy, User, machine and option parameters. and anything else you want to save. If the 20 NMI is a rusult of corrupt memory, unless you follow the correct procedure, you still will be stuck as you are now. Much wheel spinning can take place before you are running.

Bill

I don't have the conveyor hooked up yet, so that might be it. I did get it to jog around last night, but couldn't get the mill spindle to spin. Also, this thing had a robot feeder, but I don't have it, so I probably will try to disable that in the parameters? Isn't that one of those long 10000001 codes on the last page?

Thanks for being so patient guys, starting to get pretty excited about this thing...

-Parker

You have to get it into "mill mode"
Don't recall how right off
The long 1000 0001 are the op's ( option parameters) that is one of the places you will have to go to kill the loader. There is probly an e- stop switch related to that thing also.

Hi Parker,
Hi....wondering if someone can help. We have a Mazak, Mazatrol CAM T-3, Slant Turn 25 ATC-M/C bought last year seems with wrong parameters.
Could someone please help me by sending me all the parameters for this machine.
You can email me @ [email protected]
Thanks
Kevin

Back