What's new
What's new

Fire and Burglar Alarm Service and Maintenance Co.

Flute Maker

Cast Iron
I’m looking for suggestions for New England-based companies, to interview for monitoring our fire and burglar alarm systems. I just became aware of the costs we incur quarterly, and I’d like to get some comparisons. This includes visits every few months to check a variety of smoke and heat detectors on a rotating basis. It does not include testing of our dry fire sprinkler system, which is taken care of by a different company once a year.

Thank you for any and all suggestions. It’s very much appreciated.

Payson.

Ask your local Fire Marshall

You may be able to train an employee to perform the duty

Give that trained person some of the money you save as a bonus each year and a certificate at the company party

win win

Ask your local Fire Marshall

You may be able to train an employee to perform the duty

Give that trained person some of the money you save as a bonus each year and a certificate at the company party

win win

It's more complicated than that. This includes remote monitoring, 24/7, of fire and burglar systems.

I originally posted this in September. I think I have a good understanding of our system, and what changes are possible. Has anyone gone completely cellular, dropped land lines, for fire and security notification?

Thanks very much for any comments.

Payson.

In the movies the bad guys cut the phone lines to the alarm before breaking in. Would your insurance discount your rate if you have a cell phone system?
Bill D

In the movies the bad guys cut the phone lines to the alarm before breaking in. Would your insurance discount your rate if you have a cell phone system?
Bill D
This is what I got from our Insurance co. a few months ago. Nothing definitive.

1. Specific criteria or responsibilities for operation of the sprinkler system or fire suppression systems ?
2. Burglar Alarm Systems?
3. Bldg Equipment Systems?
From a loss control standpoint, it would be ideal to run tests/inspections every so often (quarterly or yearly at least) to make sure systems are properly working. In terms of actual requirements, no we don’t necessarily REQUIRE anything to be done on this particular exposure as from an underwriting standpoint we see it to be more moderate than others. Of course our main goal is to mitigate loss and running tests and making sure controls are adequate is a good step to prevention.

Payson.

Back