What's new
What's new

Fixed pressure, gaugeless O/A regulators?

John in MA

Titanium
In the process of getting my WW2 backpack torch operational. It uses two Victor regulators of the rough-use kind, with no gauges and no easy adjustment. The pressure is apparently set with a small screw that's locked with a couple of jam nuts.

How are you supposed to use these things? Decide what you're mainly going to use it for, hook up some guages and fix the pressure, then just leave it?

John, are you sure your backpack torch set isn't or wasn't originally a flame thrower? If it was, I might be able to scrounge up some information for you. Sorry, but I don't know of anything related to an actual portable torch set.

Joe

It's a torch, all right. Two small oxygen bottles, an MC acetylene cylinder. Victor regs and Purox torch. All is a nifty canvas pack. I wish I could find a military part number but it's unmarked.

John, the way i was taught is to open the gas valve on the tourch all the way, then start to increase the fuel pressure untill the smoke disapears. then open the oxy valve and start increasing it's pressure until you have a nutral flame. if you do this with the largest tip you wont have any trouble with the smaller ones.

hope this helps, jim

Back