What's new
What's new

For people who have experience in camworks multiaxis - 5 axis

Hawkridge. They do a pretty stellar job across the board both for Solidworks and Camworks.

So, for the 'continuous feature' or surface, I understand your pain. But do try to avoid that if possible as it's extra work. And once you get a good path be sure to either save a new default parameter setting or save an operation plan. I prefer the default parameter setting, but remember it's only for that specific feature type. Since it's a multi-surface feature, that's pretty easy to re-use going forward. For all the other feature types... good luck. lol.

Yep - thats my major issue is getting clean paths without any additional construction geometry / surfaces. It seems almost every part with simultaneous motion I have to manipulate the model or add additional tilt curves / surfaces to achieve what I want. I wish simple tilt relative to cutting direction would consistently do what I need to do.

Glad there is someone else on this board - and jealous you are under hawkridge as they put out a lot of great videos that I have learned from, they have some really good high level apps guys it seems.

Does anybody knows that CamWorks 2017 for SolidWorks 2017/8 wich in the payment receipt list as follow:
3+2 axis milling module.
4 axis milling module.
Lathe module.
will works for 5 axis machines? because I am rebuilding a Deckel Maho eVolution, so I wonder, if do I need 5 axis module explicit listed from CamWorks for 5 axis Simultaneous Machining?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Back