What's new
What's new

FOR SALE 1988 Mazak QT8

Chips Everywhere

Cast Iron
I no longer do my own turning for my own products due to low volume, so looking to get the space back and part with my Mazak QT8. Its a 1988 model. Comes with all its manuals and parameters, including hidden ones. The boards have a bolt on battery mod to accept rechargeable batteries, but can be converted back to stock configuration in minutes.

Machine comes with:

6in chuck
Tool setter
Tailstock
Updated LCD display
5C collet nose
Coolant tank
Chip Conveyor
8-10 Turret tool holders (no cutting tools)

Please NOTE: Its been sitting for about a year, so will probably need a parameter reset, I can show the Buyer how to do it. It does need some work to the hydraulics and some fans replaced. The tailstock line got pinched and has a leak now, so it has been disconnected since I didn't need it. I would do a service to the tank and pump and check the lines. I can have a tech address all these issues, at buyers expense.

If you made it this far, you can see this machine needs some minor work to get back into service, but its a great lathe and very capable, its a great lathe for a small shop starting out. If you are new to Mazaks and don't know how to run them, be sure to check out Phil's YouTube channel, Mazatrol Tips and Tricks, for just about everything you need to know for operating this lathe.

Asking $4750 OBO. Pick up in Brooklyn, NY 11211. Buyer is responsible for loading a rigging. I don't have loading capabilities. PM if interested

IMG_2259.jpgIMG_2244.jpgIMG_2245.jpgIMG_2248.jpgIMG_2249.jpg

Last edited:
The QT8 is such a sweet, smooth machine...and the T2 control is solid and reliable, with parts and support still available. (There are still tens of thousands in-use worldwide!)

This is a fantastic lathe at an even better price, surely somebody will snap it up?!

(If not here on PM, I would try Ebay. Selling fees are high, so take that into account.)

Back