What's new
What's new

For Sale Large Lot of Stuff! Measure Equip/End mills/Cutting tools ect OBO

jbacc
I too thought about contacting the credit card company, part was paid with money in the paypal account and the balance paid with the credit card. Something that came to mind is that paypal has access to a bank account of mine and could draw on it to off-set any refund that way with a penalty too boot? I don't know if I'm over thinking this or not and wish Nick Schneider (if that is really his name?) would simply deliver the end mills or authorize the refund.
Dan

PayPal is also tied to one of my bank accounts, I don't think they can just go and take the funds to offset any decision in my favor from the credit card company. I would file a dispute with credit card issuer as well as I did. I have no doubt we will get refunds, it's just a matter of when and as I said, I already have a temporary credit from card issuer which I believe will eventually be permanent.
I went ahead and filed a claim with my credit card company, don't know how it will work out in the end but hopefully I'll at least recoup that potion of my total.
I'm still in the dark in regards to paypals intentions, navigating through their web site is no joking matter? On top of that I was able to talk to one of their people on the phone and still don't feel any more confident about getting a resolution in my/our favor.
I'm hoping by filing with the credit card company also, maybe they'll realize that this is to be taken seriously and settle in my favor.
Dan

I went ahead and filed a claim with my credit card company, don't know how it will work out in the end but hopefully I'll at least recoup that potion of my total.
I'm still in the dark in regards to paypals intentions, navigating through their web site is no joking matter? On top of that I was able to talk to one of their people on the phone and still don't feel any more confident about getting a resolution in my/our favor.
I'm hoping by filing with the credit card company also, maybe they'll realize that this is to be taken seriously and settle in my favor.
Dan

I do not see how they will rule against us.... If this is not covered, then there is no benefit to using PayPal. We purchased items from a confirmed PayPal member, he disappeared without sending the items, how can this not be covered? That's my take on all this... A pain in the ass none the less and really angers me that there are such deadbeats in the world, but unfortunately, it's a fact of life...

I had almost made an offer on the end mills, and then the shit hit the fan.

From a recent experience with Paypal and the CC companys

I made what I thought was a 1 time purchase on a site that turned into an automatic renewal.
The notice I received from Paypal that a charge was going to be billed in 2 days was not enough time for me to cancel the subscription. Fine print had me by the short hairs. I fought with both Paypal and the CC company since I attempted to stop the payment before the actual anniversary date the same day I received notice. I ended up getting a refund, but spent a lot of time on the phone.
Bottom line the cc company made it clear, if you don't receive services or goods you paid for, they will fight for you.If Paypal is the method of payment, Paypal will go though their process FIRST that may take a while before authorizing the cc company to give you a refund.
Keep a record of dates and who you talk to at your cc company and Paypal, I ended up with 3 pages of notes and copies of emails
Be a nag, it won't make things go faster but it helps show your intent
Each time you call start the conversation with , "I called on ...and I'm following up on YOUR taking care of this problem for me"
Save a copy of this thread and if possible the profile info on the op

Should be a cast iron refund as long as you have followed the rules and filed a dispute with Paypal stating reasons non delivery,no communication?Like someone mentioned earlier you wait ten days and Paypal refunds you.just read what you have to do carefully times dates that way your not giving Paypal any excuses to not pay up-Had a similar thing about year ago was surprised how easy it was fill the dispute claim in wait 10days and its back in your account

Back