What's new
What's new

for sale: Wade 7 turret lathe, Baltimore MD, $600

Greg Menke

Diamond
Hi all,

I'm shifting stuff around in the shop- need the space and this machine has never gotten enough work, so I'm selling it;

http://pounceatron.dreamhosters.com/all-photos/wade-sale/

$600 for the machine & related items noted as included. Open to negotiation for die heads & chasers, Wade compound slide basket cases, ER-20 import tooling as per the page.

Will not part out ahead of selling the machine.

The machine can be inspected under power for a bit while I'm moving stuff around. We can always run a cable later on.

Paypal/Cash and carry, I'll help you load. The machine is in a ground-level garage, I have a shop crane on wheels used to load it into the back of a Ford Ranger when I bought the lathe.

More pics available by request. Please get in touch by PM here.

small-IMG_20211101_190653.jpg

Thanks!

Greg

Last edited:
Amazed this has not been snapped up yet, but in the event the two toolmaker's compounds are remaining, I would like to purchase those please. (if I did not already have two turret lathes this would be incredibly tasty.)

Yeah I'm not loving selling it but given the small garage I have to be utterly ruthless- though I won't leave it out in the rain. Its a great machine, but the unoccupied floor looks pretty nice too lol

Probably should be careful that the Wade compound slides would fit your machines. I just rediscovered a watchmaker's lathe compound I had bought a few years ago at a flea-market which is too small, and a Hardinge production slide from ebay which is too big :)

Holy cow somebody please buy this!

If it's being scrapped (no!) I'd pay for the double tool cross slide and the toolmakers compound bits.

I sure would love to sell it- or even donate it to someone with the right story- but I have no mercy whatsoever for clutter. If it comes to scrapping, I'll strip it for parts that people are interested in.

If I was closer I wouldn't be able to resist! If you do part it out I am also interested in some of the bits. Sorry you have to move it along, it looks like such a sweet little lathe.

:) Its a great machine, excellent fit and finish and operation, just not enough work for it to justify the space. Seems like no-one is much interested in old turret lathes...

Just throwing this out there... I'm going to be in Amherst NY next month to move my MIL to DFW. (FIL passed away.) I don't know that part of the country at all but Google shows an additional 6-8 hours if I were to detour. Already looking at a 4 day trip (uhaul with car trailer).

I'm close to 95 as it passes from Baltimore towards DC- but it looks like you'd be coming south well west of here. One alternative which might reduce some of the traffic pain is 81 South (see Harrisburg PA to Roanoke VA); at Hagerstown MD drop into Baltimore and back via 70. You absolutely definitely do not want to get involved with 95 anywhere between NYC and Richmond.

The machine is easy to load in/out. Its already at ground level in front of my garage and I have a shop crane suitable to get it into a pickup truck or trailer.

Greg, or anyone...

are the bed dimensions of the Wade #& the same as the Wade 94?

If the beds match to my 94 Integral Drive, I'm interested. A drive to DC isn't "That Far.... ;-)

I've never put hands on a 94 but I'm pretty sure its substantially different. I did try some Wade parts a while ago via another PM member and they didn't fit- his machine was not a 3/5/7, so possibly a 94.

Machine is sold, there will be some parts left over; the swivel slide parts and spindle faceplates for sure, perhaps some other pieces. Will followup directly to those who express interest.

Thanks!

Greg

Back