What's new
What's new

FS: Criterion DBL-206 Adjustable Boring Head for 1-1/2" Bars on 6MT Arbor

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
For Sale: Criterion DBL-206 Adjustable Boring Head

Accepts 1-1/2" diameter boring bars

Mounted on 6MT arbor. 2-1/4"-10 threads.

Divisions are marked in 0.002" increments.

Center hole will bore from 1-3/4" to 5-3/4", outboard hole will bore from 5-1/2" to 9-1/2", and cross hole will bore from apx. 9" to 21-1/2".

Recently disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and lubricated. Replaced the center set screw and the missing balls under the set screws. Adjuster threads looked very good, as did the ways. It's used, but in good condition.

$550 plus actual shipping. Weight shipped is 40lbs, box is 18" x 9" x 9".

I also have a selection of 1-1/2" boring bars (Kennametal and others) if needed.

100_2195.jpg 100_2197.jpg 100_2198.jpg 100_2199.jpg 100_2200.jpg

What is the slot for in the shank?

This is a boring mill tool. You would use it in an old style HBM. The slot is where you pound in a tapered wedge through the HBM quill to retain the boring head. Morse taper has no drawbar and there's no way you could run a roughing boring head like that with just the taper holding it in place.

If the price ends up coming down some I would be interested. Hope you find a buyer at your asking price.

This is a boring mill tool. You would use it in an old style HBM. The slot is where you pound in a tapered wedge through the HBM quill to retain the boring head. Morse taper has no drawbar and there's no way you could run a roughing boring head like that with just the taper holding it in place.

If the price ends up coming down some I would be interested. Hope you find a buyer at your asking price.

I should get an HBM and then I'd know these things. :)

Garwood, if you're interested in this boring head, send me a PM and make me an offer.

Do you use a tapered wedge? I always used a draw key that we bought from G&l It was a key that had a small slide in the middle that was advanced from a screw in the side of the key.
We only used the key when milling.

Do you use a tapered wedge? I always used a draw key that we bought from G&l It was a key that had a small slide in the middle that was advanced from a screw in the side of the key.
We only used the key when milling.

I never have used them. My HBM is 50 taper. I have only looked at dozens of older MT spindle HBM's and they all had smooshed over wedge looking things pounded in there if they came with anything at all. All the "working" MT spindle HBM's I have looked at had MT adapters to 40 taper with the two set screws holding them in from the front.

Good to know there is a non- beat a wedge in there option.

Back