What's new
What's new

FS: Delta 17” Drill Press

Rick_B

Stainless
Up for sale is a newly rebuilt Delta 17” drill press. Serial number is 114-3310 which dates it to 1955 production. It currently has slo speed pulleys so published spindle speeds are 385, 600, 925, 1450, 2240 RPM’s. The machine was completely disassembled and all parts were de-rusted, cleaned, polished or painted as appropriate.

It has a 1 HP 3 phase dual voltage, dual shafted, 1725 RPM motor. Motor model is 86-920. The motor has also been rebuilt = all parts cleaned and painted and new bearings were installed. Included is a 2 HP vfd that allows the motor to run off of 220 volt shingle phase power.

It has a Jacobs 6A 33 taper chuck. Spindle nose run out is .002” - .003” .

Also included is a powermatic mobile base. The Table is pristine – no arc of shame. There is a tapped hole in each corner that were used to attach an auxillary table. I will include that table if the buyer wants it.

There were quite a few missing parts when I got the machine – I found sources for them all but their cost is reflected in the asking price. I can provide some assistance with loading – this is likely a 350# machine some bring some help.

I am looking to get $850 – like I said there is a lot of cash in the needed parts. If you don’t want the mobile base subtract $75/ If you already have a VFD and don’t need mine subtract another $75. That would bring the price down to $700. I can’t do much better than that – I need to make more than a dollar and hour for my labor. Might be open to trades + cash if you have something REALLY interesting.

I can hold for an extended period of time with payment.
1 Overall.jpg1 Overall.jpg1 Overall.jpgRick2 Pulley Drive.jpg3 Left Side.jpg4 Right Side.jpg5 Motor.jpg6 Table Raiser.jpg7 VFD.jpg8 Table.jpg9 Mobile Base.jpg

Back