What's new
What's new

FS - Manchester groove tooling

Overland

Stainless
I have 4 Manchester grooving tool holders with a big selection of supports and tool bits.
They seem to be mainly face grooving tool holders, of various radii.
The tool bits range up to 3/8" wide.
I'd like to sell the whole lot for $400, or best offer, plus USPS shipping.
I guess I could split them up, but I don't know which "supports" go with which tool.
Hit me up if you need more info or pics.
Surface rust from condensation.
Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpg
    IMG_4552.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4551.jpg
    IMG_4551.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4550.jpg
    IMG_4550.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4553.jpg
    IMG_4553.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 38
Many of these "supports" in the 1st & 2nd photos are curved.

Attachments

• IMG_4561.jpg
    IMG_4561.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4560.jpg
    IMG_4560.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4559.jpg
    IMG_4559.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4558.jpg
    IMG_4558.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
No interest in these ?
Is my pricing off, or are they obsolete ?
Don't mind splitting them up. Seems a shame to scrap them.

They are super, the best tooling ever built for this job.

Unfortunately, I don't believe any of the parts or the inserts are made anymore. There was one place making some Manchester stuff but I am not sure they still exist ? There have been a few threads about the line here on PM, then chase down the leads to see if you can still get inserts.

Otherwise, kinda low prices would be what you can get, I guess. I loved those things but no longer have a lathe.

I think Ox used them, or maybe still does, send him a note.

Bigger face grooving stuff like what those were specially built for would most likely be done with modular cartridge inserts today and for the most recent few decades.

Manchester was good stuff, but not used much anymore.

In addition, face grooving tooling is ultra specific. When you have a job that requires it, you buy exactly the tool you need. Odds of using face grooving stuff you have sitting around is fairly slim.

WOW!
That is some OLD stuff ratt there!

I have been running Manchester since the mid 90's on many different machines, and I am not familiar with most any of those parts.

I agree - I hope that you can find someone that might have interest, but likely at a WAY reduced price as I'm afraid that most, if not all of that equipment has been obsolete for 30 yrs by now.

Sorry

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hemly's had a large tote pan full of this stuff, in very clean condition for years in the $5.00 lb section, never seen it any of it sell.

Thanks, guys. I used that exact stuff. I see a whole bunch of the butt-brazed inserts, too. If'n I wuz still making round stuff I'd beat Mr Overland up for a cheap cheap price then run 'em until the inserts ran out. Those butt-brazed inserts have a vee on the bottom and a strong clamp on top, they flat kick ass over any iscar or sandvik ever born. And if you do blow a support blade, you don't have to replace the whole thing, just the blade, which was reasonably cheap.

I have no idea why they aren't made anymore but ... too bad, really. Good stuff :(

Thanks, guys. I used that exact stuff. I see a whole bunch of the butt-brazed inserts, too. If'n I wuz still making round stuff I'd beat Mr Overland up for a cheap cheap price then run 'em until the inserts ran out. Those butt-brazed inserts have a vee on the bottom and a strong clamp on top, they flat kick ass over any iscar or sandvik ever born. And if you do blow a support blade, you don't have to replace the whole thing, just the blade, which was reasonably cheap.

I have no idea why they aren't made anymore but ... too bad, really. Good stuff :(

Well I'll be!
I never seen that product line (that I recall) before!

Clapp and Haney?
Aint that electrical products company?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well I'll be!
I never seen that product line (that I recall) before!

Clapp and Haney?
Aint that electrical products company?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
"Cutler Hammer" maybe ?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the interest.
This lot came from a cabinet alongside a massive Gisholt turret lathe.
Guess I'll put it up on ebay, unless anyone ........
Bob

Chuck,
Here's the 1st one. "205-173" Pic shows the other tooling in this holder. Currently about a 1/4" tool.

Attachments

• IMG_4592.jpg
    IMG_4592.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4593.jpg
    IMG_4593.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Second one. Sorry but can't read part number. Physically about the same size as the 1st one.

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpg
    IMG_4599.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4600.jpg
    IMG_4600.jpg
    959.6 KB · Views: 6
I got a bunch of inserts and a holder off of fleebay a few years ago real cheap. Still running them too, pretty good stuff but unfortunately not much left for replacement parts and even less inserts.

Back