What's new
What's new

FS - Schaublin 150 lathe w/tooling.

Sorry but I have to say it:a beautiful Schaublin with a very ugly live center.... They came orginally with a Gepy center.

How do you feel about the Sandvik centers? Think they're actually Riten IIRC. Always thought those were nice looking, very colorful. Not that it has any bearing (ha!) to how they perform in use.

I don't know the Riten IIRC centers. But I know SFJ also made centers for Sandvik. These are very good too. Maybe you mentions these?
There are also 1 or 2 Japaneese manufactures that are (from what I've heard) even better the Swiss. But I don't know their names.

Got to find a rich guy that thinks buying an expensive lathe will make him a machinist
Dunno Bob.

You look at some pretty crappy built American muscle cars, that sell for stupid money, and you can see a pattern of folks that are now able to re-live their 'wanted, by them' youths.

I have used a Schaublin 150, and if I were in a position to pay that price, yeah, I would in a heartbeat.

Don't think of it as prices have gone up, near as much as the value of a buck, just ain't what it was before!

Back