What's new
What's new

FS - Spanners for long nose taper spindles

Walter A

Titanium
I am still selling Spanners used to remove the chucks from lathes with the Long Taper Spindles. I'm retired and my shop is now owned by my daughter Barbara. She gets them cut then gives them to me to clean up and ship. If I'm out of town I'll contact her for packing and mailing.

The sizes and prices are listed below. I check USPS Priority and UPS Ground to find the best mailing cost. You will have to email me with information including your mailing address.

I will email back with costs and include a drawing provided by John Oder of the "L" Type nut so you can verify your size.

Except for special cases the L00 and L0 are cut from 3/8" A514 (T1) plate. The L1 & L2 from 5/8" AR 400 plate. The spanners are nicely cleaned and oiled before packing.

If you have a special need or design please email me.

All below prices are before packing and mailing costs.
L00 = $29.00
L0 = $32.00
L1 = $51.00
L2 = $67.00

I've included some photos of the spanners (older but still good)

If you are interested in ordering one please click on my user ID and send me an email. My PM box is getting full again. Please include your address so I can figure the shipping.

I will take a check if you are an active member. I will take PayPal if you add $3.00 to the amount. I will ship within about a week or less after I get payment.

Walter A.

IMG_3358.jpg IMG_3362.jpg IMG_3363.jpg
IMG_3355.jpg IMG_3350.jpg

Last edited:
Got one of the L1 wrenches from you several months ago fory Powerturn. Nice quality. I appreciate you continuing to offer them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's been some time since I sold a spanner for an L2 taper but just did and mailing it to Alaska. Almost forgot how beefy an L2 is until I got to packing it.

Walter

It's been some time since I sold a spanner for an L2 taper but just did and mailing it to Alaska. Almost forgot how beefy an L2 is until I got to packing it.

Walter

Could you make a shortened version, (for easier shipping) where the end user simply welds a bar/plate/pipe handle on the end ?
Or burn 2-3 holes, so a customer can bolt a handle on.

Could you make a shortened version, (for easier shipping) where the end user simply welds a bar/plate/pipe handle on the end ?
Or burn 2-3 holes, so a customer can bolt a handle on.

We can do that if shipping is that much of a concern. This L2 spanner is 10# packed, 30" long but costs $39.00 Priority Mail to Alaska. (UPS wanted over $100).
My personal thoughts are, if I'm running the lathe, I'd rather keep track of a spanner only instead of a spanner and a pipe.
But, if someone wants a special it can be done. I'm not furnishing the pipe! It's only programing. My situation since I retired and sold my daughter the shop is getting her to schedule in a small job like a special spanner.
Cheers,
Walter

We can do that if shipping is that much of a concern. This L2 spanner is 10# packed, 30" long but costs $39.00 Priority Mail to Alaska. (UPS wanted over $100).
My personal thoughts are I'd rather keep track of a spanner only instead of a spanner and a pipe.
But, if someone wants a special it can be done. It's only programing. My situation since I retired and sold my daughter the shop is getting her to schedule in a small job like a special spanner.
Cheers,
Walter

I figured the pipe would be supplied by the customer.

Back