What's new
What's new

FS: Vintage 15” Graphite Crucible Clay Melting Smelting Pot Refining Casting Metal

Ookpik

Plastic
Vintage 15” Graphite Crucible.

The crucible measures 15” in diameter and is in used condition with wear from use.

Use the crucible to melt, refine and cast your ferrous or nonferrous metals including gold, silver, iron, lead, copper or brass!

The crucible would also make a great addition to any factory, industrial, steampunk, country, cottage, primitive or Shabby Chic decor!

$85.00

Pick up ONLY!

Located near Detroit, MI.

gc1hm.jpg

gc2.jpg

gc3hm.jpg

gc4.jpg

gc5.jpg

My experience with 'vintage', or any other form of used crucibles, has been that they have about a 95% chance of becoming "Ex" crucibles, as soon as heat is applied to them. The ashtray idea is probably a 'best use', but it's probably not worth the cost of bus fare to go across town to pick it up.

I don't think its a crucible, if anything maybe for a crucible to sit on in the furnace. Vintage, steam punk, or shabby chic, get real:toetap:
Same. I would expect a 15 inch crucible to hold maybe 100+ pounds of Bronze.

That thing looks more like a place to torch melt stuff without it getting entirely away when things go badly. Provided, of course, it holds together!

I think it's a simple precast concrete pan to sit under a flower pot.
Maybe Elvis blessed it one night by peeing on it ?

Back