Nice job on you drawers! What is the gray divider material?
What do used Vidmars sell for in your area?
BTW, you photos are posting very small again. Don't forget to change the extension from "JPEG" to "JPG" before you post. There's an upgrade to the website in the work that will finally fix the dreaded "JPEG" issue.
Thanks Cal. The gray foam is Kaizen foam from FastCap here in Bellingham. It holds up pretty well. I have also been using it for my camera equipment flight cases for years now. It also doesn't disintegrate into goo like the cheap pull apart foam that Pelican and other have used in the past. The black and Blue stuff is laser cut by ToolBed in Germany. If your tools (All Snapon is) are in their system their layout software is awesome.
I picked up both of my Vidmar cabinets for $500 for the set. They seems like it was a pretty good deal, as most cabinets here seem to be in the $800 range. I did have to repaint them, but I used that as a test project for the paint I am using on the lathe. I think anything less than $100 a drawer seems like a steal these days, as I keep looking for more but no luck yet.
I totally forgot about the file extension issue here. I'll have to remember that for the next post. The forum software update will be really welcomed. I hope they use the same platform that Garage Journal is using these days as I really like it and find it way easier to use.
I got the rest of the ski gear sorted this am, just in time to get a call sending me to Cali next week for one last two day shoot. Then I'll finally be done for the year, unless I get sent to the Southern Hemisphere for a few weeks mid summer.
Now that I got all of the lathe stuff out of storage, I need to remind myself exactly of where I left off, and decide what is the best course of action to tackle next as I have a few things that need to get buttoned up before tearing into the next modules.
1: I need to do some touch up paint on the inside of the lathe after reinstalling the M/G unit.
2: I have a bunch of parts that are in Bondo that need to get sanded and painted... .the painting might get pushed back until after the CA trip as its still unusually cold here, and it needs to warm up before I can paint.
3: Apparently I had done some more fab work on a new terminal housing for the MG unit to house all of the items for the Steelman single phase conversion, but I didnt do a post at the time, so I need to figure out exactly where I am at with that. I do remember tho, one thing I was questioning is if I need to make any changes to the main contactor unit other than obviously only connecting two lines into it and not 3 as it will only be getting 240V from the wall.