What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 & Fagor 8055 M

Hi Fred and the entire PM group.

I wanted to let you know that this is finally resolved and working. I received a manual subroutine from Fagor, and with a few parameter changes and the elimination of the M6 (P56), everything is now working perfectly. Thanks so much for all of your effort.

Steve

Hi Fred and the entire PM group.

I wanted to let you know that this is finally resolved and working. I received a manual subroutine from Fagor, and with a few parameter changes and the elimination of the M6 (P56), everything is now working perfectly. Thanks so much for all of your effort.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Sorry it wasn't solved sooner, but good hear that all is now working. Good luck.

Fred

Hi Steve,

Sorry it wasn't solved sooner, but good hear that all is now working. Good luck.

Fred
Thanks, now on to the rapid tapping issue.

I see in the builder set up at the control that “rapid tapping” is there, but I wonder if what I am experiencing during the cycle is a machine limitation. At least I can make parts now if I have the tapping speed way down low like 50 rpm.

Thanks, now on to the rapid tapping issue.

I see in the builder set up at the control that “rapid tapping” is there, but I wonder if what I am experiencing during the cycle is a machine limitation. At least I can make parts now if I have the tapping speed way down low like 50 rpm.
Hi Steve,

I guessing you have access to a programming manual for the 8055 and, thus, can read about canned cycle 84 - rigid tapping. The one thing I noticed in the G84 description was the following paragraph:

"In order to execute a rigid tapping, the spindle must be ready to operate in closed loop; in other words, that it must have a servo drive-motor system with rotary encoder."

So I'm wondering if your machine is so equipped.

Other observations from my prior experience with other machines. Most CNCs that I am familiar with do not turn on the spindle prior to executing G84; rather the cycle itself initiates the spindle turn on at an rpm determined by the programmed feedrate and pitch of the thread. Then again, in your case, if using R1, in theory the spindle turns off before orienting and then turns back on (or it should) prior to tapping. What happens if you use R2 instead? And as you mentioned, there could be a parameter setting that needs to change to make the tapping work properly. (Could there be a parameter that indicates the presence of the servo drive-motor system and encoder?...may need to ask Fagor).

Hopefully this gives you something to think about. Glad to see you can tap at real low speed right now so you can get something done. Good luck.

Fred

Hi Steve,

I guessing you have access to a programming manual for the 8055 and, thus, can read about canned cycle 84 - rigid tapping. The one thing I noticed in the G84 description was the following paragraph:

"In order to execute a rigid tapping, the spindle must be ready to operate in closed loop; in other words, that it must have a servo drive-motor system with rotary encoder."

So I'm wondering if your machine is so equipped.

Other observations from my prior experience with other machines. Most CNCs that I am familiar with do not turn on the spindle prior to executing G84; rather the cycle itself initiates the spindle turn on at an rpm determined by the programmed feedrate and pitch of the thread. Then again, in your case, if using R1, in theory the spindle turns off before orienting and then turns back on (or it should) prior to tapping. What happens if you use R2 instead? And as you mentioned, there could be a parameter setting that needs to change to make the tapping work properly. (Could there be a parameter that indicates the presence of the servo drive-motor system and encoder?...may need to ask Fagor).

Hopefully this gives you something to think about. Glad to see you can tap at real low speed right now so you can get something done. Good luck.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Yes, I have the manuals and have read previously about rigid tapping and the need have a servo motor and encoder. The motor is a servo, not stepper, and based upon the multiple harnesses coming from it, I am going to assume it has an encoder, but needs to be confirmed.

For ease of evaluation, I am going to program a simple part and try R1 vs R2. My recollection is that the cycle wouldn‘t run with R2 when I tried it previously.

I will definitely ask Fagor about a tapping parameter as you suggested.

Thanks,

steve

You said you have the manuals. Which ones do you have? A bare minimum would be the installation, programming, error, and operators manuals which can be downloaded from the USA Fagor and Korean Fagor sites.

I have 8055 Operating M, MC, Error and Programming, not Installation. I checked the parameters for rigid tapping and it is set to “No”, although the build software shows rigid tapping as as included. I need to dig into this further.
Thanks

Back