What's new
What's new

Fusion C axis milling

DBcooper

Aluminum
Trying to purchase a live tool lathe, and I wanted to write a program to test the waters a bit. I'm having trouble figuring out how to program C axis milling. Will this require the multi axis addition or is it just something I'm missing?

angelw

Diamond
Trying to purchase a live tool lathe, and I wanted to write a program to test the waters a bit. I'm having trouble figuring out how to program C axis milling. Will this require the multi axis addition or is it just something I'm missing?
Look for a Lathe that has Polar Interpolation, programming will be a lot simpler, to the point were even complex profiles can be programmed with or without a CAM system.

Regards
Bill

angelw

Diamond
The quickest way when you're not familiar with the use of Polar Interpolation is to ask if the machine has that option.

It's simpler because you program the tool-path as if programming in X and Y. The "C Axis becomes the virtual "Y" axis.

Regards,

Bill

ljeremy578

Plastic
You can use a standard post for a Fanuc mill turn lathe. Biggest thing is tool orientation will determine whether you use a C axis or Y axis.