What's new
What's new

G54 Resets to Machine Co-Ords when going from MDI to Manual Jog Handle

Kharn

Aluminum
G'day

We got our first HAAS recently (2004 SL30) and I am in the process of setting it up but keep coming across something that is preventing me from progressing further.

For comparison I also have a Goodway machine with a Fanuc Oi-tF PLUS controller.

Goodway - MDI > G54; T0101; > Cycle Start > (G54/Absolute Co Ords/Tools Current Physical Position Displayed) > Handle Jog > Check Pos > (G54/Absolute Co Ords/Tools Current Physical Position Displayed) > Correct.

HAAS - MDI > G54; T0101; > Cycle Start > (G54/Absolute Co Ords/Tools Current Physical Position Displayed) > Handle Jog > Check Pos > (Machine Co Ords Displayed) > incorrect.

How can I jog the turret to a programmed position with G54 because everytime I go from MDI to Handle it changes my G54 Work from the programmed position to what I assume is the machines Co-Ords?

If I hit reset after MDI tool change on EITHER my Goodway or my HAAS it'll reset my g54 Co ords display to Machine co ords, this is understandable.

I do not understand why going from MDI to JOG handle changes my work to my machine co ords ONLY on my HAAS.

What setting/parameter must I look at?

Last edited:

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Unfortunately that is just how the HAAS control is set up, not much can be done about it.
BUT!
The one thing that will work is to MDI:
G54;
T202 G00 X5. Z5.
M30

Then, after the MDI program is finished, go to the OPERATOR display and set the X and Z axes to 5.0 and you're all set to know where your tool is as you move about.
Retarded kinda ... but hey ...