What's new
What's new

Genos 560v prices and options

Probe, conveyor, AOT, TSC, 1000psi, sub table. I'm thinking of a 4th, but haven't committed to it. Plus, I want to make sure that User Task, cutter comp, and a few other things are present in the new control like they were in my older Okuma.
DN is a good value, no doubt, but, it's not an Okuma. While I may have worked for them, I own Okuma in my shop. The M660 is way beyond the DNM and BVM for build quality, accuracy, spindles, and control. If my budget were tight, it might have been a DN, but I purposely waited til I had the funds to go for it.
Thank you. What is aot? Good point I will ask about m codes and all that stuff.

We use that spare coolant pump for a home made wash down to keep the door track an inside front of machine clear.
I saw that at one shop that I visited. I was thinking of doing that as well. Also I saw saunders put a light in the tool changer

Thank you. What is aot? Good point I will ask about m codes and all that stuff.
AOT - "Advanced One Touch IGF" - the Okuma graphical programming system.
I generally program G code but I occasionally use conversational style programming for certain things such as fixtures and jaws. I like having the flexibility of CAD/CAM, G code, User Task, and IGF.
I'm also going to check into HiCut and Nurbs.

The M660 is way beyond the DNM and BVM for build quality, accuracy, spindles, and control.

Not sure about "way beyond".

The DN bridge mill probably specs the same accuracies. After all, ballscrews and guideways are a commodity now...the only differences is how they are mounted and used, and DN does this as good as anybody, IWT.

Spindle technology is something each builder has to develop, Okuma may have an edge on DN there. Although the top builders build their spindles basically the same way, with similar-spec'd bearings, so again it comes back to execution. (The DN BVM bridge machine is integral spindle.)

Now the control can be a game-changer! Many folks despise Fanuc because of the lack of user-friendliness...although this can vary by how well the builder overlays the control. Three things you can count on though: death, taxes, and Fanuc reliability.

Not sure about price? DN may be marketing their ~40"x20" bridge mill as a really high-end machine, and it may actually cost more than the Okuma?! Mazak bridge mills have always been marketed at the high end, even for them.

Last edited:
Probe, conveyor, AOT, TSC, 1000psi, sub table. I'm thinking of a 4th, but haven't committed to it. Plus, I want to make sure that User Task, cutter comp, and a few other things are present in the new control like they were in my older Okuma.
DN is a good value, no doubt, but, it's not an Okuma. While I may have worked for them, I own Okuma in my shop. The M660 is way beyond the DNM and BVM for build quality, accuracy, spindles, and control. If my budget were tight, it might have been a DN, but I purposely waited til I had the funds to go for it.
Hello.
Thank you. For us its looking like a 6k difference for the dnm 5700s. Though it has some tsc I am still leaning towards the okuma.

I installed a BVM5700 recently that came out of the NJ showroom. Machine had scales preinstalled at the factory and its been an awesome machine so far. We had it ball bar and laser on install and the laser comp didn't even need to be adjust for X,Y or Z. Full stroke it was good to go when it hit the floor.

We have Fanuc, Brother, Siemens and HH in my shop. The last thing I wanted / will avoid until I close this place is adding OKUMA to the mix !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ox
Not sure about "way beyond".

The DN bridge mill probably specs the same accuracies. After all, ballscrews and guideways are a commodity now...the only differences is how they are mounted and used, and DN does this as good as anybody, IWT.
True, but having worked for DN, and owning Okuma, I can tell you that there are quite a few different grades of ballscrews, bearings, and related, and the ones on my Okuma were considerably better than the DN. Not that DN is junk, it certainly is not. I should know. But the Okuma has an edge, for sure.
Spindles, accuracy and Controls, absolutely. Again, the DN isn't junk, it's a great value, and will give excellent service and make great parts, but not the same.

True, but having worked for DN, and owning Okuma, I can tell you that there are quite a few different grades of ballscrews, bearings, and related, and the ones on my Okuma were considerably better than the DN. Not that DN is junk, it certainly is not. I should know. But the Okuma has an edge, for sure.
Spindles, accuracy and Controls, absolutely. Again, the DN isn't junk, it's a great value, and will give excellent service and make great parts, but not the same.
I'd tend to agree with you if you were comparing the DNM line but this BVM specs in squareness, runout, positioning accuracy, etc are right there with the best in the industry.
I run Grob, Yasda, etc in my shop and this machine is very tight and very accurate. It actually changed my mind about Doosan / DN quality when they installed it. I'd probably look at a DVF6500 now versus 2 years ago the answer would be no way.

I'd tend to agree with you if you were comparing the DNM line but this BVM specs in squareness, runout, positioning accuracy, etc are right there with the best in the industry.
I run Grob, Yasda, etc in my shop and this machine is very tight and very accurate. It actually changed my mind about Doosan / DN quality when they installed it. I'd probably look at a DVF6500 now versus 2 years ago the answer would be no way
I'm glad you're happy with it, when I left there, they were in the throes of making it ready for prime time, and were excited about it.
It's well built.
In my shop, it's nearly all Okuma save for one Mori which is a real tank of a machine. As much as I loved working with DN, I'm a little spoiled.

I installed a BVM5700 recently that came out of the NJ showroom. Machine had scales preinstalled at the factory and its been an awesome machine so far. We had it ball bar and laser on install and the laser comp didn't even need to be adjust for X,Y or Z. Full stroke it was good to go when it hit the floor.

We have Fanuc, Brother, Siemens and HH in my shop. The last thing I wanted / will avoid until I close this place is adding OKUMA to the mix !

How does the BVM compete pricewise with an M560V, in the same range?

How does the BVM compete pricewise with an M560V, in the same range?
To be honest buying an Okuma is something I've never even considered...
I have too many controls as it is and dont feel like Okuma brings enough to the table to get me to add another. (We have HH, Siemens, Fanuc, Brother)

Reactions: Ox
Well, if I wanted to bore a 2' bore, the C axis boring feature that Okuma offers is quite intriguing.

But I agree that maybe this old dog can learn new tricks if he has to _ to git Scooby Snacks, but at this point - I'd rather narrow the control field. I've ran may share of different controls over the years...

-----------------------

I am Ox and I approve this post!

I've preferred the OSP over the others, and I've had my share of Fanuc, Yasnac, Acramatic, TeamMate, Heidy, Siemens, etc.
But I can see why you'd prefer to narrow it down.

June 7th price
Investments
Quantity Vendor Description Total Amount
1 Okuma GENOS M560-V 15K / CAT40 (22.11 STD) $143,897.00
1 Okuma CONVEYOR, RIGHT, HINGE, HENNIG $6,897.00
Total List: $150,794.00
Dealer Discount: 25,000.00
Total Investment: 125,794.00

Options to Consider
Quantity Description Total Amount
1 CONVEYOR, RIGHT, CLEANSWEEP, (STD BED), MAYFRAN $11,597.00
1 CHIP COUNTERMEASURES FOR OPERATOR DOOR $2,407.00
1 SHOWER COOLANT $5,847.00
1 HYDRAULIC FIXTURE INTERFACE $6,167.00
AUTO GAUGING RENISHAW OMP400/OTS CAT 40 (MECH/SOFT
ONLY) $10,657.00
1 PREP FOR MIST COLLECTOR, 6 INCH, MILL $1,095.00
1 VariFlow HPC System $11,799.00
1 Genos M460/L3000 HPC Install Kit $462.00
1 ICS-550 Mist Collector $4,199.00
1 Genos M560/L3000 Mist Install Kit $475.00
1 Shipping & Rigging Estamation $5,000.00

June 7th price
Investments
Quantity Vendor Description Total Amount
1 Okuma GENOS M560-V 15K / CAT40 (22.11 STD) $143,897.00
1 Okuma CONVEYOR, RIGHT, HINGE, HENNIG $6,897.00
Total List: $150,794.00
Dealer Discount: 25,000.00
Total Investment: 125,794.00

Options to Consider
1 CONVEYOR, RIGHT, CLEANSWEEP, (STD BED), MAYFRAN $11,597.00
1 CHIP COUNTERMEASURES FOR OPERATOR DOOR $2,407.00
1 SHOWER COOLANT $5,847.00
1 HYDRAULIC FIXTURE INTERFACE $6,167.00
AUTO GAUGING RENISHAW OMP400/OTS CAT 40 (MECH/SOFT
ONLY) $10,657.00
1 PREP FOR MIST COLLECTOR, 6 INCH, MILL $1,095.00
1 VariFlow HPC System $11,799.00
1 Genos M460/L3000 HPC Install Kit $462.00
1 ICS-550 Mist Collector $4,199.00
1 Genos M560/L3000 Mist Install Kit $475.00
1 Shipping & Rigging Estamation $5,000.00
Hello.

We got it at around 135 on the floor. With tax and delivery. Conveyor, and probing.

State Sales Tax on "for business" equipment in Cali?
What %?

-------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this post!

Back