What's new
What's new

Genos M560 coolant spray gun options

We developed this system that installs easily in under 1 hour. You only have to drill 1 hole in a small vertical panel that bolts in by the tool change door. Practically no chips build up on the left side. We also have a quick connect wash down hose if you need it.

A T fitting with a ball valve and 25 feet of garden hose with a typical sprayer is what I use. It's all spliced in just above the coolant pump. When it's time to wash down the machine, I throw the ball valve, open the fitting for the hose and turn on the coolant from the control panel. No coolant from the normal line loc fittings, just on the hose.

Yeah, the wash down gun option is like 5K...Okuma is higher than giraffe nuts on the few things that aren't standard options, but a 15K 30 Hp spindle and a badass control is standard?...weird but I love that mill.

I'm also trying to decide if I want to buy the spray gun option or rig one up ourselves. I want to be able to kick on the spray gun as easily as possible of course. I'll be looking into chip fans for cleaning off parts but the bellows covering the X axis of the M560 look like the same chip magnets as the Tormach's.

I'm also trying to decide if I want to buy the spray gun option or rig one up ourselves. I want to be able to kick on the spray gun as easily as possible of course. I'll be looking into chip fans for cleaning off parts but the bellows covering the X axis of the M560 look like the same chip magnets as the Tormach's.

I've run mine for around 2.5 years. Half the time easy, half the time hard. I will say I thought the same about the bellows collecting chips but I've found that they really don't. 90% of the HSM milling I do I'm using hp coolant with a hydraulic chuck to blast chips out of the way. I can't say if an air blast would let hot chips stick to those bellows. I've run air a few times and it didn't seem like I had anything stuck up there but ymmv.

Honestly I think the M560 is about the best VMC you can buy right now. It's an animal.

You'll get a tiny amount of chips stuck in the bellows, but not to the point where it is a problem. The sticking really only happenes when you have dried out coolant (e.g. oil) on the bellows surface.

Last time I asked, the Okuma spray gun option was ridiculously priced...

Are you getting the machine with thru-spindle coolant?

The reason I ask - the machine comes standard (at least mine did in 2016) with a low-pressure coolant lift pump pre-plumbed into the coolant tank. It is part of the thru-coolant prep option. If I recall correctly, this pump is only used in the Okuma-brand 200 psi TSC setup. If you get the high-pressure option or a 3rd party TSC pump (I have the 500 psi ChipBlaster), your low-pressure pump will remain unused. It comes with the 3-phase contactor pre-installed in the electrical cabinet. So all you need to do is wire the contactor to an available option M-code output or wire it with a manual switch.

Then you can attach a hose to the output of this pump and plumb it to the front of the machine. There are at least a couple of us here who have drilled a small hole in the sheet-metal apron on the front of the machine (below the control) and installed a quick-disconnect there. It's very convenient to have...

Mine now almost looks exactly like the setup from "Boosted" in post #13 above... I'm running mine from M-code output M182.

Last edited:
You'll get a tiny amount of chips stuck in the bellows, but not to the point where it is a problem. The sticking really only happenes when you have dried out coolant (e.g. oil) on the bellows surface.

Last time I asked, the Okuma spray gun option was ridiculously priced...

Are you getting the machine with thru-spindle coolant?

The reason I ask - the machine comes standard (at least mine did in 2016) with a low-pressure coolant lift pump pre-plumbed into the coolant tank. It is part of the thru-coolant prep option. If I recall correctly, this pump is only used in the Okuma-brand 200 psi TSC setup. If you get the high-pressure option or a 3rd party TSC pump (I have the 500 psi ChipBlaster), your low-pressure pump will remain unused. It comes with the 3-phase contactor pre-installed in the electrical cabinet. So all you need to do is wire the contactor to an available option M-code output or wire it with a manual switch.

Then you can attach a hose to the output of this pump and plumb it to the front of the machine. There are at least a couple of us here who have drilled a small hole in the sheet-metal apron on the front of the machine (below the control) and installed a quick-disconnect there. It's very convenient to have...

Mine now almost looks exactly like the setup from "Boosted" in post #13 above... I'm running mine from M-code output M182.

It will let you run the M182 wash down hose with the door open? I forgot all about the door interlocks. How do you handle that?

Hoping I'm not too late to this thread. When we were wiring this 2nd pump to M181 it is also turning on our TSC. has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you work around it?

It will let you run the M182 wash down hose with the door open? I forgot all about the door interlocks. How do you handle that?

M182 doesn't seem to mind that the door is open. I have not disabled interlocks and it works fine. Only issue - the only way to turn off the M182 is by hitting [RESET]. Not a big deal, but isn't always ideal.

Hoping I'm not too late to this thread. When we were wiring this 2nd pump to M181 it is also turning on our TSC. has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you work around it?

What TSC setup are you using? If you're using the factory (Okuma brand) TSC, this pump is probably wired to run at the same time as the TSC. So you'd need to remove that wire...

Look at the second picture in Post # 13 above - you'll see the wire on KM19 with the red insulated spade. That should be the only wire in that contactor in the bottom right terminal. You could include a picture of your contactor for more detailed assistance.

What TSC setup are you using? If you're using the factory (Okuma brand) TSC, this pump is probably wired to run at the same time as the TSC. So you'd need to remove that wire...

Look at the second picture in Post # 13 above - you'll see the wire on KM19 with the red insulated spade. That should be the only wire in that contactor in the bottom right terminal. You could include a picture of your contactor for more detailed assistance.

20190211_091059.jpg Attached is an image of our wiring on the machine. I based my wiring similar to post #13 and am trying to run it using M181.

View attachment 249409 Attached is an image of our wiring on the machine. I based my wiring similar to post #13 and am trying to run it using M181.

It looks like you’ve wired the A2 terminal on the KM13 contactor directly to the A2 terminal on the KM16 contactor. So if either circuit is activated, both contactors will close. I think you need to remove the wire connecting the contactors together.

Not sure if you’ve wired it yet, but you’ll need to run a separate wire from KM13-A2 to the M181 terminal block.

Here’s what mine looks like...

02BF6D2E-5C22-4C9D-9217-85DC8B924640.jpg

Any chance you have the details on how you wired that?
NP, I'll do a detailed massage when I'm at the shop, I can send you pictures, mcmaster parts list, some connectors from Mouser electronics, and a parameter change, total was around $350, and 30 minutes install.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

Back