What's new
What's new

Getting FANUC 10T and PC to talk to each other...

cc22288

Aluminum
Hi all,

I've got a very old mori seiki SL-25B with a Fanuc 10T controller and nobody in this shop has been able to get it to interface with a PC. I'm using an RS232 cable going into the port on the side of the controller. I have one hand-typed program in the memory and I'm just trying to be able to send it out to the PC using DNC software, and then send it back so that I know programs can be sent over. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

I have the relevant parameters set as shown below.

View attachment 326680View attachment 326681View attachment 326682View attachment 326683

I am not an expert by any means, I have an OM but I only had to set it up initially and no need to mes with it since.

Anyway, some thoughts:
Does the dnc program settings match the control?
Is the cable wired correctly? There are some null terminals on mine, you might need to make a cable to match the machine.
I have heard on some setups a USB to serial port adapter doesn't work, might need an old PC with an actual serial port to try.
Do you know if you are punching the right keys at the right time on the control to start with?

Jason

I don't know the parameter end of it even though that was most of why my 10T wouldn't converse, tech fixed that part of it. But, on my Wasino I need to tell it which program label to send and read also. 6 machines I've used before this one and this is the first one I've needed to tell. Good luck.

I have used a calmotion on mine for 10 plus years never had a problem on my mori once, but my fadal, different story but works most of the time.

Calmotion would not work on our 6MB. Would send programs from the control but would not load to it. Tried troubleshooting with the manufacturer but ended up sending it back.

Back