What's new
What's new

getting new customers

otrit,

I have several sets of your vise jaws. They are nicely made.

Thank you for your compliment of my tools,. I don't recognize your name but I will recognize your city.

I hope that you are not purchasing through ebay, significant discounts are available through us directly.

Yes, eBay :( bmmachine Midway, GA

BM Machine Midway , GA

I'm not at my main shop computer, I'm at home, but your company name rings a bell. What model did you purchase, and what do you like/or dislike about it?

BM Machine Midway , GA

I'm not at my main shop computer, I'm at home, but your company name rings a bell. What model did you purchase, and what do you like/or dislike about it?

Model 500 and Model 200 (I think, I'll confirm tomorrow). Top workmanship. Nice, durable coating.

Model 500 and Model 200 (I think, I'll confirm tomorrow). Top workmanship. Nice, durable coating.

Hello David,
ViseCleats Model 500 is extensively used in my shop. It is perhaps the most useful for precision "tall" work piece location.

Our Model 200 is the big seller. It is the mostly used vise jaw set in my shop. I recently been compelled to produce a 8" version of this jaw for 8" Kurts.

By now, many have attempted to copy this design, but I'm sure that many machinist know the effectiveness of the "Dovetailed Knife Edge Grip"

I have encroached enough on this thread pertaining to my product.

Hello,
I own a small CNC machine shop in south Florida. Our company specializes in prototyping and short runs. we have two lathes (one with live tooling) a Vf2 and a UMC 750. We are looking to get new customers as we are very slow in work at the moment. We have tried being a supplier for Xometry but the rates they want to pay don't add up.
Any advise on how we can gain new customers ?
we recently got a new website made EGM Manufacturing

any advise/tips will help.

I have just got hold of a friend in Florida, she heads up assembly of some fancy machines built in your neck of the woods.
She will give me the contact info in the am, half their company is working from home these days. Anyhow I should be able to get you the contact info for the guy you need to talk to, They have lots of work and they pay their bills. I will PM you when I get it and after that it is up to you Sir.

Sorry for helping in hijacking your thread, hope this helps make up for it.

I need to see a Bridgeport.

The older I get, the more likely I am to go set-up a CNC, the manual machines get less and less use. Let the hot chips fly around inside the cover instead of landing on me. Let the chip conveyor throw the chips in the trash instead of me sweeping or vacuuming them up.

I have just got hold of a friend in Florida, she heads up assembly of some fancy machines built in your neck of the woods.
She will give me the contact info in the am, half their company is working from home these days. Anyhow I should be able to get you the contact info for the guy you need to talk to, They have lots of work and they pay their bills. I will PM you when I get it and after that it is up to you Sir.

Sorry for helping in hijacking your thread, hope this helps make up for it.

I think you should also send him your Christmas list as an attachment, just in case things work out.

I think you should also send him your Christmas list as an attachment, just in case things work out.

I guess I should get busy and put one together, been so busy chasing around trying to get material to keep the contractors busy I ain't thought about it yet.

She is a sweetheart, he should be able to get more work there than a guy could want.

A business card is quickly lost or misplaced. But a scratch pad of 50 "business cards" has a much better chance of sticking around awhile. Example: Many, many years ago, I made a cold call to a smaller screw machine shop 25 miles away. I asked if I could send my company info, and I did. I sent a letter of introduction, a business card, and 2 small 4 x 5" scratch pads (each page is a business card). Lo and behold, nearly 8 years later I got a call from the owner asking if I would be interested in visiting them to discus some work possibilities. She said she had one of my scratch pads on her desk....which I completely forgot about sending. They were good for about an 8 year run, always paid COD, easy work. It lasted until they closed.
So, sometimes it takes time for things to happen. I really never expected to hear from them.

I would also suggest coming up with something to give prospective clients with your name and number on it that they will keep. Most prospects are not going to give you instant business, you will most likely get called when a current vendor of theirs can't make something or screws up for the last time. That coffee cup or whatever could make a sale 3 months from now. A business card or line card could hit the round file after you walk out.

I really hope that's not true because it sounds like you handed him a nice Christmas gift.

Folks get busy. Hopefully he resurfaces quickly.

Why do I find that this type of thing is what happens every time I try to help someone out? Might be indicative of why they tend to struggle finding work. I can think of one person (not claiming this is the OP) who just expects opportunities to show up as soon as he announces he will grace the universe with some availability.

Oh well, always hoping for the best. Perhaps OP was meeting with customers all day, and hasn't made time for PM yet. :cheers:

Back