What's new
What's new

Going Global

Carve.Metal

Plastic
Hi Everyone!

I started my own company at the end of last year in the Milling and Device Manufacturing industry, we also do lathe and turning.
My problem is that Im a small company with 3 workers and including overhead and wages and energy, it costs me 15000HUF (42$) an hour to break even and due to the lack of work around here all the other small companies started to lower their prices to the point I can’t even comprehend how they make any profit.
I was thinking if it could worth it to a company in the states or anywhere around the world giving out work to my company with 50$ hourly rate + duty + shipping. Would they be able to make a profit? Do you see potential in it?
Thank you for reading it and please feel free to share your thoughts with me!

42/hr break even seems pretty high. Is there any other way to reduce overhead?

My breakeven point in the US is $6/hr. for 160 hrs a month. Goes down if I work more.

We would still have to pay shipping, tarrifs, taxes and wait for the product to get here and hopefully be correct. If we are ok with going through that process and waiting, then India and China seem better alternatives.

Hi Everyone!

I started my own company at the end of last year in the Milling and Device Manufacturing industry, we also do lathe and turning.
My problem is that Im a small company with 3 workers and including overhead and wages and energy, it costs me 15000HUF (42$) an hour to break even and due to the lack of work around here all the other small companies started to lower their prices to the point I can’t even comprehend how they make any profit.
I was thinking if it could worth it to a company in the states or anywhere around the world giving out work to my company with 50$ hourly rate + duty + shipping. Would they be able to make a profit? Do you see potential in it?
Thank you for reading it and please feel free to share your thoughts with me!
You should probably list all your capabilities and experience. By capabilities I mean you, your staff and your equipment. Probably would help if you have a website etc.

Back