What's new
What's new

Gotta love this forum, [programming help rant etc]

Ok I will have to post a pic
f5596f31fd54704ba0b5f61ceddc51b1.jpg
ok so from the control this is no problem to program. Standing at the machine all day to get this going and not make any scrap parts of course it’s 17-4 with certs. I don’t care what control it is.
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aw hell gimme a 12 pack an angle grinder and a hammer and I can bang those babies out.

Ok I will have to post a pic
f5596f31fd54704ba0b5f61ceddc51b1.jpg
ok so from the control this is no problem to program. Standing at the machine all day to get this going and not make any scrap parts of course it’s 17-4 with certs. I don’t care what control it is.
Don

Honestly the only thing that looks iffy to me is the teeth. I’m assuming you are profiling those?

Me I’d probably do most of the turning in mazatrol and then make a sub program for the milling and put that into my program.

Im assuming you are knocking these out completely on the lathe?

I like mazatrol because it actually works the first time. I tend to have trouble getting good code for my machine from my crappy cam system. I cannot afford the software that would do it like NX or Espirit. I used mastercam once upon a time and I’m not a fan of it either.

d9501a5dab4cc5129db383db8d59c40d.jpeg

Example of the simple kinds of parts I do.

My machine is way under utilized honestly. Never really run into any 5x work or complex mill turn work.

Honestly the only thing that looks iffy to me is the teeth. I’m assuming you are profiling those?

Me I’d probably do most of the turning in mazatrol and then make a sub program for the milling and put that into my program.

Im assuming you are knocking these out completely on the lathe?

I like mazatrol because it actually works the first time. I tend to have trouble getting good code for my machine from my crappy cam system. I cannot afford the software that would do it like NX or Espirit. I used mastercam once upon a time and I’m not a fan of it either.

d9501a5dab4cc5129db383db8d59c40d.jpeg

Example of the simple kinds of parts I do.

My machine is way under utilized honestly. Never really run into any 5x work or complex mill turn work.

Balancing arbor for a f18 super hornet engine crazy tolerance done on a lathe surfaced the teeth
Don

Balancing arbor for a f18 super hornet engine crazy tolerance done on a lathe surfaced the teeth
Don

What is crazy tight? When I think crazy tight I think a few tenths. Well +-.0001” or less.

That part looks like not too bad of a job on a mill turn honestly.

What is crazy tight? When I think crazy tight I think a few tenths. Well +-.0001” or less.

That part looks like not too bad of a job on a mill turn honestly.

Without a cam system you could make that. Yes .0002 tolerance over the assembly without scraping any parts. Maybe I can put up the print. I’m not sure I can get away with that thou
Don

That some very nice work. Are you using a Hurco? When the spindle isn't turning you are not making money. You could be letting this run while you are banging out programs on a CADCAM system for other parts to keep the bread fan blowing.

I think 80% of the work I do on my mill turn never sees a computer.

Easily do milling.

Not hard to set up some bar pulling and both turrets.

Honestly not even that difficult to do simultaneous machines with both turrets and both heads. I actually don’t know how to do this in gcode. I also don’t really have great cam software

I think it’s just impossible on a fanuc to do the same. But there are other options that don’t tie you into requiring a computer

:Yawn:

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Made on a DS 30 y Haas lathe with master cam
Don

Hmm now I’m not sure how you really held .0002” on all surfaces.

Does that haas really hold tenths? I passed up a couple jobs because I didn’t think my Mazak could hold .0001” reliably.

Back