What's new
What's new

Haas 1998 HS-1RP Troubleshooting(repost)

Hmmmm found this, seems a bit overkill considering the programs on here were all hand written lol.
7a08c456209b68a608ceb103701a5d11.jpg

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

lol well who knows what there original intent was when they ordered it. did you find out what the final issue was in the X axis home switch?

Im having trouble finding the wire for the switch. in the service manual it doesn't indicate where it plugs in.

if you look above the oil pump under the power cabinet. you will see a gray track with a cover. if you pull the track cover you should see your X,Y,Z, home switch cables. if you follow them they should lead to a small bracket like box either behind, or above the gray channel. you will see thats were they plug in at.

Im not seeing a gray channel, do you mean in the control?
fc7e0e4d5a78db1910a917a36a259cc0.jpg

found it, its on the rear of the panel, the connector that it plugs into is loooose af.

aha, so those connectors aren't sealed at all, I unplugged them all and then replugged them back, then the z axis started moving the wrong way. I rechecked the plugs and replugged them and now the x y and z axis were able to home.

I go to the mdi and type in m3 s5 just to make the spindle turn, and its now erroring out saying "pallet not clam". also the small low pressure regulator in the picture attached is leaking, and im not sure where it goes. progress though!

leaking regulator.

also found a sort of whiteboard that came with the machine that says 6-11-2015 so im guessing that's the last day this thing ran. then sat outside until I bought it.
433d3b2cec5aafe64f33e30ac946c0d8.jpg

I should have mentioned it was on the back side. but it looks like you found it :-) . that regulator could very well go to the table clamp. unfortunately someone has messed and changed some things. that's not how it looks like when they leave the factory, lol.

actually it looks just like this, maybe the angle of the photo is confusing.
241780734803a194ad0f261e64b6fd39.jpg

I did a bit more troubleshooting today, went into the MDI and typed in M50 to change the pallet, to see if that would do anything. the 4th axis needs to be enabled for this apparently, so i re-enabled it, and it moves about 1 degree then jams, just like the y axis did. I took the pallet off, unfortunately its the threaded draw bar type. I removed the pallet changer skirt, the paint was basically non existent due to the aluminum and coolant spray I'm assuming, but no major rust. I removed the covers for the 4th axis, found some more missing screws. The draw bar turns by hand, but the rotary itself does not, also it had grease on the belt for some reason.... the service manual doesnt talk about the rotary but it says its an hrt310b. In the link below it says to disconnect the air to the rotary axis(brake booster) and attempt to turn the belt by hand, maybe I still had the air on or something but Im guessing ill need to open this thing up and clean it out. I suspect it a case of caked grease on the worm gear, but who knows. also it literally looks like they just bolt in a stock hrt310 right into the machine.

Rotary - Troubleshooting Guide

the rotary table has a rather large brake internally. you need air to the solenoid, and for the solenoid to activate to supply air to release the brake. do not attempt to move rotate table without the brake released, bas there is a very large bronze gear that can be damaged if to much force is applied.

yes they basically do bolt a out of the create hrt310 to the frame of the machine. the rotary table should have oil in it , and shouldn't have grease. the draw bar that clamps the tombstone to it are normally greased pretty heavy. the draw bar should also have belleville washers on it as well. inspect those for cracks.

Ill take some pictures of it tomorrow, the threaded part of the draw bar was recessed into the bore, is that normal?

So what should I be looking for on the 4th axis? It move freely about 1 degree, and by that i mean I can see it rotate the platter. I can hear some sort of pneumatic component go off when it starts to turn, then stop when it stops turning.

do you have air going to the A axis brake solenoid? and is the solenoid applying air to the table to release the brake ? sounds like either the table isn't getting the air to release the brake. or you have a stuck brake in the 4th axis. normally I have found it the problems to be not getting the air to the brake. but in rare occasions I have seen either a stuck brake. or a bad O ring in the brake mechanism causing it to leak air and not release the brake.

Ok so the rotary axis is moving, I tested it with an indicator. previously it was only moving +- 0.5 degrees. ive been working it back and forth with the manual jog overide and ive gotten it to move +5 degrees and -1 so far. seems like some jammed up bearings to me.

Back