What's new
What's new

Haas and Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the rant thread on it:

This is the other thread on it, a little more tame:

Haas response is referenced in both threads and it looks like they are in the right and PBS is trying to generate some hysteria....
Haas has shipped nothing to the Russian distributor since march 3 2022, they voluntarily stopped future shipments from then on. Voluntarily, not because sanctions made them.

I asked the OP of one of the other threads what exactly waas the sanction Haas was claimed to have broken but nothing but crickets. I spent an hour or so looking at the official .gov pages listing the sanctions and wasn't able to find anything relating to machine tools. All the sanctions I saw were for Oil, Finance or rich people and their properties...
I posted the links to the official sanctions in the other thread.

Last edited:
You missed the rant thread on it:

This is the other thread on it, a little more tame:

Haas response is referenced in both threads and it looks like they are in the right and PBS is trying to generate some hysteria....
Haas has shipped nothing to the Russian distributor since march 3 2022, they voluntarily stopped future shipments from then on. Voluntarily, not because sanctions made them.

I asked the OP of one of the other threads what exactly waas the sanction Haas was claimed to have broken but nothing but crickets. I spent an hour or so looking at the official .gov pages listing the sanctions and wasn't able to find anything relating to machine tools. All the sanctions I saw were for Oil, Finance or rich people and their properties...
I posted the links to the official sanctions in the other thread.

PBS also called out DMG Mori in that segment, but devoted most of the time in the segment to Haas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back