What's new
What's new

Haas helping the Russians?

glad they are on the safer side.

as to "grey area" no, there is no grey area. absolutely none.

once the regime began using one of the largest militaries on the planet in an illegal full out invasion, indiscriminately killing civilians, for which there was solid evidence from early on, it is wrong, immoral, and repugnant to every decent human on the planet to ship machines that the shipper KNOWS will be used by this military to build more weapons targeting civilians.

fulfilling a contract to a known war criminal, who will use that equipment to facilitate further atrocities, is not "just business"

Another posting that I want to "Like" a few thousand times.

Can't believe anyone would put any credibility on anything PBS reports.
yea, obviously you should "believe" in sources that slag their own audience and admit they peddle lies in private.

as to Haas, don't forget the F1 team took oligarch millions, painted the car in the ruzzki colors, and didn't fire the spoiled son of an oligarch not so good driver until march.. hmmm... think there might be some motive besides "fulfilling contractural obligations" not to do the right thing....??

Gene Haas made the choice to be the bitch of oligarchs and dictators when he jumped into F1. F1 has some deep Fascist roots and has never strayed far from that crowd.

The simple fact is that this story is wrong. Haas has always complied with all US Government export controls.

Key Points:
• Haas is and has always been in full compliance with U.S. Government export control
• No machines have shipped from the Haas factory to Russia since March 3, 2022
• The 18 machines referenced in the story left the Haas factory prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine
• Haas voluntarily chose to terminate its relationship with the Russian distributor, which has never been required by any U.S. sanctions
• Haas completely supports Ukraine and its people in their defense against Russia

For the full response, check out: https://www.haascnc.com/about/respo...al&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-50000047

The simple fact is that this story is wrong. Haas has always complied with all US Government export controls.

Key Points:
• Haas is and has always been in full compliance with U.S. Government export control
• The 18 machines referenced in the story left the Haas factory prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine
• Haas voluntarily chose to terminate its relationship with the Russian distributor, which has never been required by any U.S. sanctions
• Haas completely supports Ukraine and its people in their defense against Russia

For the full response, check out: https://www.haascnc.com/about/respo...al&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-50000047
I imagine if there is a problem, it will come out eventually
Buying into Haas' story is as silly as buying into the initial impressions left by the reporting
IOW the machines left the country after March[allegedly]
Is that in some way Haas' responsibility?
That will probably take some time to sort out

Uh, why is that?
Please explain in detail how PBS is such a horrid news source

They are shit, along with all the rest. Several things have created this situation : the biggest is probably money. At some point early with Trump, "news" sources which were in steep decline due to the internet found that they could rake it in hand over fist by pandering to a certain demographic group. Didn't matter which one, the tactic is just as effective with left-wingers as with magahats. Just tell them what they want to hear and rile them up, and up go clicks, advertisements, income.

Another change was also somewhat due to Trump - the "impartial" news sources decided that they needed to take a firmer pro-or-con stance, because "democracy was in peril" or "the wildebeasts are taking over the country" or whatever their own particular fixation was. Anyway, they all gave up impartial reporting. All of them.

And the third factor I see is, there are certain ideological bogeymen that it is always safe to beat the drums over - communism of course, but family values or hard work and self-reliance (unless your bank just went tits-up, then the John Galts turn to abject beggars at the government trough in a heartbeat) or whatever, too. So there are enemies of the nation that both sides can safely castigate.

No matter what, seems like we need enemies to exist nowadays.

PBS has gone down the grunter along with all the rest.

btw, peripheral to the subject but your statement that "slavery was legal in China until 1945" is stupid shit. There was no government in China in 1945 to make any such decision. So. Not possible.

"Can't believe anyone would put any credibility on anything PBS reports."

Darn straight, I always go RIGHT to the source of all things true: Anthony Devolder. Or, George Santos. Or whateverthefuck he's calling himself these days,.
He's also a great source for big-money yacht sales. Who'd have guessed that a perpetual liar would have such great connections...

I used to think PBS was reputable....not any more.

"On March 3, 2022, shortly after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Haas Automation terminated, in its entirety, its relationship with its sole existing independent distributor for Russia and Belarus, Abamet Management. Since that date, Haas has not sold or shipped any machines, parts, or software to Abamet or anyone else in Russia. This crucial fact was made clear to the PBS reporter before the story was aired."

If you go to minute 7:02 the video shows a haas machine in actions and circles their logo as if this is some sort of proof or smoking gun that they've evaded sanctions. That machine is at least 10 years old. I don't understand the motivation for PBS to do this.

"On March 3, 2022, shortly after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Haas Automation terminated, in its entirety, its relationship with its sole existing independent distributor for Russia and Belarus, Abamet Management. Since that date, Haas has not sold or shipped any machines, parts, or software to Abamet or anyone else in Russia. This crucial fact was made clear to the PBS reporter before the story was aired."

If you go to minute 7:02 the video shows a haas machine in actions and circles their logo as if this is some sort of proof or smoking gun that they've evaded sanctions. That machine is at least 10 years old. I don't understand the motivation for PBS to do this.
bingo

read the actual reporting
The machines never left the country, so 'if' it was in violation of sanctions[not yet AFAIK a fact] then Haas 'might' have been responsible to tell someone[something I do not know] assuming it is in fact an arms length transaction[IOW Haas is no financial interest in Abamet]

Read the actual report, it is much more nuanced than the overreactions here, and understand that it is a report prefaced on[based on, IOW reporting on] a complaint from Ukraine, so the article is essentially reporting that a complaint has been made, and they did sufficient legwork to know that the machines left the country on certain dates.
Is Ukraine and uninterested party? Of course not.

All this PBS is blah de blah is all just justifying previously held opinions, while people have been quoting Tucker endlessly here while knowing how totally full of it he and that whole organization are.

IF Haas has no responsibility in the matter[we will find out eventually] that is one thing, so it means the 'headline' is incorrect, but essentially the story remains accurate

Key Points:

citing a corporate damage control press release, point by point, as fact? "for the full response"... spoken like a true cog in the machine there Terry..are you an employee or just a distributor?

if you want to actually contribute to the discussion, you should try a little harder not to sound like a parody of a PR guy..

citing a corporate damage control press release, point by point, as fact? "for the full response"... spoken like a true cog in the machine there Terry..are you an employee or just a distributor?

if you want to actually contribute to the discussion, you should try a little harder not to sound like a parody of a PR guy..
he's an employee, most haas videos on youtube star him.
you're HIGHLY unlikely to get any other answer from him, nobody would want to ever say anything that deviates from corporate policy unless its someone at the very top, which wont happen here.

All this PBS is blah de blah

Trust me...I've never quoted Tucker. I live in the bay area and would be considered a flaming liberal by most on this forum while my neighbors think I'm conservative.

It's just odd that pbs would have a Ukrainian on making these accusations and totally leave out the rebuttal from HAAS. Then highlight a 10 year old machine as some sort of insinuation it's proving a point.

How many used robodrills, brothers, haas, etc are being trucked over from China? But talk about 18 machines that left the HAAS factory BEFORE the sanctions?

Ridiculous reporting.

read the actual reporting
The machines never left the country, so 'if' it was in violation of sanctions[not yet AFAIK a fact] then Haas 'might' have been responsible to tell someone[something I do not know] assuming it is in fact an arms length transaction[IOW Haas is no financial interest in Abamet]

Read the actual report, it is much more nuanced than the overreactions here, and understand that it is a report prefaced on[based on, IOW reporting on] a complaint from Ukraine, so the article is essentially reporting that a complaint has been made, and they did sufficient legwork to know that the machines left the country on certain dates.
Is Ukraine and uninterested party? Of course not.

All this PBS is blah de blah is all just justifying previously held opinions, while people have been quoting Tucker endlessly here while knowing how totally full of it he and that whole organization are.

IF Haas has no responsibility in the matter[we will find out eventually] that is one thing, so it means the 'headline' is incorrect, but essentially the story remains accurate
If as you say, "the story remains accurate"
This--from the article: Denys Hutyk, Economic Security Council of Ukraine: We were surprised that, even now, one year after the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion, Haas Automation is continuing its direct shipments to Russia.
That's pretty serious and most certainly PBS vetted that statement.

do try to keep up

They didn't have a government then, either. Qing was already done for, country had been invaded by Britain and the US, Cixi was done for, it was already the period of multiple warlords and competing 'governments' none of which had any power.

And it was not the first time slavery was outlawed, had been done multiple times by multiple emperors in the past and the "slavery" you refer to is more properly called "indentured servitude", it was contractually entered with a time limit, not the same thing at all as institutionalized, inherited racially-based slavery in the South.

Just to straighten the record, since this has nothing to do with Haas or the rooskies.

standardparts said:
most certainly PBS vetted that statement.
Can one get an irony overload ? What are the symptoms ?

Back