What's new
What's new

Haas helping the Russians?

Hello everyone, dear colleagues.
I confess that I did not force myself to read all 9 pages :( According to my information, to all requests for spare parts (not to mention new machines), the Russian dealer, the Abamet company, replies "We can't help with anything."
I admit that for military contractors who are willing to pay x25 for some part, they buy them and transport them through 5 countries and 10 intermediate campaigns - but this is not the fault of the Haas company. There are no particular problems to bring a new Haas, Mazak, Hermle or GFMicron to the DPRK or Iran - it's just a price problem.

~~~~~~~~~~Mod Delete~~~~~~~~~
Please stay on topic per post #155

Sigh. This is exactly the topic here. This site is about machining, yes ? What does Haas build ? Who is slandering them with a poorly-written hit piece, a bunch of dishonest propaganda, a screaming cry to emotional grief by a woke, dishonest part of the establishment press ?

The topic is the honesty of the press. And this is a great example of how they are not honest.

Where is the exact text of the sanctions Haas is accused of breaking ? Where is the timeline of when and how they violated these sanctions ? What is the legal justification for seizing a company or person's property without due process ? And how is it that we fought world war ii ten years before nc became even a glimmer in John Parson's eye, if cnc machines are necessary to build tanks, rifles, missiles ? How do you turn a block of steel into a mortar round ? Is that more cnc magic ?

Obviously PBS intends to inflame people in this piece, not inform them. And sorry but "SImon" who has written exactly nothing but hit pieces and "Denis" who is a Ukrainian official, somehow they do not impress me with their impartiality.

The honesty of the press is directly involved in a purposeful slander against the only remaining US machine tool company of any size. That's about as on-topic as I can imagine in a machining forum.

Last edited:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mod Note~~~~~~~~~~
If you want to discuss the specifics of the PBS report, or Haas's actions, feel free,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'll bite

So, PBS produces an 8+ minute news article, viewed by anyone nationwide. Perhaps even worldwide.
Haas produces a written rebuttal, viewed by interested parties.
Questions:
Will there be an investigation?
Will the findings be publicized?
Should it turn out to be that PBS is correct, should Haas be punished?
Should it turn out opposite, should Haas be allowed to sue for damages?

Heck, at least four members here have already cast their stone and wrote an obituary for Haas's future in their shop, so who knows, Gene just might be able to recoup that 20M legally...

So, PBS produces an 8+ minute news article, viewed by anyone nationwide. Perhaps even worldwide.
Umm... Yeah.

I am not a lawyer, but pretty sure that would be similar to the defamation case that Dominion Voting Systems has leveled against Fox News.

Ok, I'll bite

Questions:
Will there be an investigation?
Will the findings be publicized?

Heck, at least four members here have already cast their stone and wrote an obituary for Haas's future in their shop, so who knows, Gene just might be able to recoup that 20M legally...
Right or wrong Haas will expend resources dealing with this issue and by the time all the details are investigated and all parties close the books it likely will never merit mention on PBS or in other media other than someone posting something in a forum like PM.

The article correctly reports on a complaint against Haas
Despite what a number of import/export attorneys here have to say, it will be down to the gov't to decide whether it has merit
If they have no legal responsibility, it would be up to potential customers to decide whether they have moral responsibility, and act accordingly
If the gov't decides they have no legal responsibility, I personally will not lose any sleep over it

I literally made a direct, concise, and relevant answer to your question.
No, you commented on a completely irrelevant and independent subject.
Post #155 directed you to comment within the realm of the PBS claim regarding the actions of Haas Automation.
In 3 posts, you have not commented one single word about either.
Stay on topic per post #155

Right or wrong Haas will expend resources dealing with this issue and by the time all the details are investigated and all parties close the books it likely will never merit mention on PBS or in other media other than someone posting something in a forum like PM.
That's not how it works. If you see an error, you request a correction. PBS journalists do not read PM. All of you claiming factual error, if you want to do something, contact the author or news agency. You might start by reading it.

The reporting states that the Economic Security Council of Ukraine filed a complaint with Treasury/Commerce, the agency that enforces sanctions. Please, point out any errant reporting there.

Haas does not want to talk about this anymore, guaranteed. Public opinion, by far is in line with US policy. Western government policy. Not a good look for Haas, who already has been sullied by Mazepin's money. Russia - not all Russians - is our enemy, but every US patriot know this.

Haas wants to say Abamet already owned these machines, as a distributor. Haas is not stupid, when it comes to their supply chain. On the precipice of sanctions, they likely topped up Abamet's inventory, which was stored either in their facility or another. Nearby. Those are the details Haas will be loath to provide.

Our company broke ties with Russian contractors immediately, and it was painful and costly. So is being a pariah.

We'll see what emerges from an investigation.

Last edited:
Our company broke ties with Russian contractors immediately, and it was painful and costly.
It sounds like you should be in a position to tell us what your company found in the sanction list to feel the need to break ties.
Posting some facts about what what sanctions would have been broken will go a long way. A lot farther than BS like this:
Russia - not Russians - is our enemy, but every US patriot know this.
Are you now the new self appointed Joe McCarthy reborn? Like Joe Friday says- Just the facts...

edit to add: Do you work for Haas?

Last edited:
It sounds like you should be in a position to tell us what your company found in the sanction list to feel the need to break ties.
Posting some facts about what what sanctions would have been broken will go a long way. A lot farther than BS like this:

Are you now the new self appointed Joe McCarthy reborn? Like Joe Friday says- Just the facts...

edit to add: Do you work for Haas?
Nope. No. and No.

No, you commented on a completely irrelevant and independent subject.
Post #155 directed you to comment within the realm of the PBS claim regarding the actions of Haas Automation.
In 3 posts, you have not commented one single word about either.
Stay on topic per post #155

There are a handful of you that are so eager to form tribes and start an argument that you can't even read your own posts.

You asked if HAAS could sue PBS for damages and I said YES, and then cited a similar case. How is that not relevant? What is wrong with you people?

There are a handful of you that are so eager to form tribes and start an argument that you can't even read your own posts.

You asked if HAAS could sue PBS for damages and I said YES, and then cited a similar case. How is that not relevant? What is wrong with you people?

Anyone can sue for anything

It has to be false for them to win, and if you read the article, while a few things are iffy, are they false? and as in the Foxnews case, did they know it was false and publish hit anyway? that is where Fox will fall down, and if PBS reported things they knew to be false[over and over and over and over and over] then they deserve a ruling against them

What's wrong with us? Oh boy, if I only had the time to list them all...
As far as the similarity, we don't know enough yet.
Fox apparently knew they were in the wrong and went with the story anyway.
In case of the PBS story, all they had to do is throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks to anything.
They did not have any manifests from any shipments to anywhere in Russia, no proof or solid evidence of what actually took place or what exactly changed hands.
All they did was re-iterate something they've heard from someone and passed it on as a legit newsworthy information, wrapped into a seemingly well researched news segment.
Apparently there were some eager ears to listen. ( depending on which tribe you aligned yourself of course )

And the real problem?
Bullshit like this will spread like wildfire among groups that are just too fucking trigger happy to find one more thing to blame on the US.
You don't even have to go too far for an example, just read some of the garbage spewed by our very own local oracle, the Great Hanermo himself!

You can't have rational discussions with emotional people. I have no beef in this fight as I have no access to any Haas machines. But you all need to calm down. Just relax. This can all be easily discussed in a calm relaxed manner.

Let's change the scenario a little : local newspaper prints a story that your high school daughter is banging the entire football team in exchange for coke. No proof at all, just conjecture because they saw her riding the bus the team was on and it looked like she was sniffling.

I don't have a Haas but I do have a lifetime in manufacturing and American machine tools and watching the whole productive sector of the middle class get crushed like a bug. I'll admit it - seeing some ignorant twats who can't even speak english smear a US machine tool company pisses me off ("Haas is guilty of shipping to Russian-sanctioned enterprises" .. well I got a bit of a clue for our Denis boy, there are no "Russian-sanctioned enterprises." They are sanctioned by the US, imbecile.) It's frustrating as much as reading in the paper that your daughter is screwing the football team for lines would probably get you upset.

Back