What's new
What's new

Haas Mini Mill, how to realign X axis for squareness error?

Hi Stefan, thanks for the info. So my machine is within the ISO spec, which is good. What makes you say that it will lose alignment? As I understand it, Haas run lots of test files on the machine prior to shipping it out, so it's already performed cuts.
Any machine conforms to the calibrated geometrical accuracy at the moment of calibration. Depending on mechanical quality of the machine, the truth of this statement is subject of usage time. In high class machines the deterioration is slower. But all machines, in order to conform with accuracy specs, must be periodically recalibrated.

Stefan
Cogito Ergo Sum

Any machine conforms to the calibrated geometrical accuracy at the moment of calibration. Depending on mechanical quality of the machine, the truth of this statement is subject of usage time. In high class machines the deterioration is slower. But all machines, in order to conform with accuracy specs, must be periodically recalibrated.

Stefan
Cogito Ergo Sum
I understand that! As far as I'm aware, Haas use reasonably high end components from Germany for linear motion, and ground ballscrews, so without a heavy crash I can't imagine much shifting. Overall I'm impressed with the quality but I don't have experience with higher end machines.

Should I adjust the level so there is no twist or will it have no effect since this is a steel base machine which the casting sits on?

Back