What's new
What's new

Haas st-30 spindle vibration

Ilyas_be

Plastic
Hello,
3 days ago iwas working in my st 30a threading cycle by (tool number 4) ah 800 rpm and i forgot to remove a long tool (number 5) suddenly the tool (number 5) hit the spindle and i hit the emergency button a little bit late after that i jogged the tool away from the spindle and press the button (G28) the sound of the Z axe became louder than usual so i checked the ballbare and i have been opened the nut nothing wrong with it (the bar was clean & the balls too) the motor are good and the COUPLER ALIGNMENT too after all of this the z axe moving fast still make a unusual noise …
Then the spindle are doing another sound when it’s rotating
Any way possible to fix all of this mess please
And thanks

Are you running a draw-tube? We have an ST-28Y and straight from the factory it would vibrate when the RPM's got over 1500 because the coupler where the draw tube attaches was made crooked. Check to see if yours is properly attached if you're running one.

Not pleased at all with current build quality of Haas, and I'm someone who was previously a champion of theirs for a very long time.

Thrust bearings on the ballscrew are damaged far more often than the ballnut in a crash.
I checked the they are good the noise comes from the nut i opened it and everything is okay (may the balls should be replaced ) but the look is good for me except they lose their shiny

Sounds like you are in for a rebuild or replacement of the ball screw and the spindle at a minimum.

Sounds like you are in for a rebuild or replacement of the ball screw and the spindle at a minimum.
I have been fix the spindle the spindle belt are not stretched and i need to change the steel balls of the ball screw (the grease doesn’t stick around and they have been crashed)

Back