What's new
What's new

Haas VQC for windows? Or simulation program?

FarmerGiles97

Plastic
Hi all!

A little bit of background. My main role is a mechanical fitter. I can also do manual machining. Ive been tasked with running a Haas VF3 YT as the person has left. Im happy with my setting and I'm happy with operating the machine.

Due to me working on the Haas i have asked management if i could go onto a programming course so i can start to learn this side of the job. We also have a programmer in the company helping me.
He has given me a few tasks and i am using the Haas booklet to learn the G and M codes. He told me the Haas VQC was handy in learning how to structure programs and how they should be wrote.

It would be so handy if there was a program that i could run on windows that done the same as the Haas VQC. Does anyone know of any programs that do this? Maybe even a program that will simulate my code?

Any help would be amazing!

Booze Daily

Titanium
I’ve never used VQC, but why not use it on the machine to generate a program. Then save it to floppy or usb and load it to your computer.
You should be able to open it with a text editor so you can study the code.

FarmerGiles97

Plastic
I’ve never used VQC, but why not use it on the machine to generate a program. Then save it to floppy or usb and load it to your computer.
You should be able to open it with a text editor so you can study the code.

This was kind of my plan, the only problem you cannot use the VQC when the machine is running a program. My plans was to learn the code while I had jobs running in the machine.

I'm currently coding using Notepad ++ on the laptop.

EMTech

Aluminum
Haas used to have a windows version of VQC back on Windows 2000 or maybe XP. I can't remember for sure exactly when it was.

They discontinued it. I suppose it might still exist on some old computer, but I have not seen a copy of it recently.

FarmerGiles97

Plastic
Haas used to have a windows version of VQC back on Windows 2000 or maybe XP. I can't remember for sure exactly when it was.

They discontinued it. I suppose it might still exist on some old computer, but I have not seen a copy of it recently.
I have the old haas VQC software, but it is missing quite a few templates, and some templates in which I need 😅

FarmerGiles97

Plastic
Do you still have the install file for the windows VQC?
I would be interested in getting a copy if you have it.

If you type in Haas VQC for windows on google, you'll see a top result on another forum.

Download it from there :) That's how I done it, I'll see if I can get a direct download link?