What's new
What's new

Hand Oilers vs Squeeze Bottles for oil

jtbowen

Plastic
Hello All!
As the title says, what do you use? We're gearing up a shop and for years I used an old chrome oiler, but I see some people using squeeze bottles and saline wash bottles. We're thinking of ordering a series of Reilang 300ml oilers for the Bridgeport 1hp J, Enco 100 Mill, and the lathes. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Like thermite said, different strokes for different folks, or different oil cans for different... Er... Machinists?

Both types could be handy depending on application. Just beware of the dollar store mustard and ketchup bottles, I tried them once and leaked more oil around the base of the cap than what came out the spout 😁

Right sweet for charcoal starter tho.

For no charge whatsever I will share THE trick for lighting charcoal : methanol. Available at any hardware store near you. Apply liberally but maybe not too liberally to the pile of charcoal. Stand back several feet, throw a match in the general direction of the grill.

WHOOMP !! and flames several feet high, but it dies down quick. In ten minutes or less those glowing red and grey coals that we usually get only after all the cooking is done.

And doesn't ruin the taste, the way gasoilne does.

Screw that lighter fluid crap, methanol WORKS !

Back